Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Precision Armament EFAB first impressions

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by azoutdoorsman View Post
    I know because I bought different versions from PWS, Rainer, BC, Spikes with and without tines, and set up long exposure photos at night.

The hybrids with the small holes around the circumference hide flash decently without tines. But they still had more flash than a lowly A2, which is technically a comp since the ports only face upward. The Rainer and PWS with larger ports and forward tines do dick all to hide flash.

Maybe I'll get an EFAB and do the same thing pre and post tine-ectomy. My guess would be the tines add no function.
    I'm calling your first two paragraphs an apple to oranges type of comparison. With regards to testing the EFAB, please do this and post up the results, I'm genuinely curious. I seriously doubt that Precision Armament, Griffin Armament, KAC, and Lantac all build muzzle devices this way just for looks.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    BTJ, seems from your video the muzzle lifts and goes right after each shot. Does it do this when shooting with support hand on handguard as well? I ASSume you were shooting one handed with support holding camera.
    Thanks, Mark
    Yes, one handed. Shoots flat with no rise when I use two hands.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The best form of flattery is imitation.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson1911 View Post
    The best form of flattery is imitation.
    I think you mean 'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.' Who is imitating who? Let's be clear and not mince words.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
    I think you mean 'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.' Who is imitating who? Let's be clear and not mince words.
    Just ignore the comment from wilson1911. Back on track, I ran another 80 rounds through the EFAB in a quick practice sesh today. Still digging it. The only way I could foresee it being made better is to have it made from Titanium in order to save weight....which, in my mind, might be impossible on a practical scale due to the drilling of so many holes in close proximity to eachother. With Ti work-hardening, the drilling operation would have to be ridiculously slow. It would probably cost more than a KAC TT/3T.

All in all, I'm very pleased with it at full retail. Even at an indoor range, blast is barely more than an A2 and flash is equal for the shooter....using Federal XM193 55gr, there just isn't any on my 18" barrel. Especially for the Hornady TAP 70gr GMX I shot. I turned the lights off in the indoor range and there was no flash that I could see. Just a warm glow from the muzzle, like somebody striking a match behind a piece of wax paper.
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 10-31-14 at 15:39.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    Greetings OP. Have you gotten a chance for any night shooting yet? Been watching this thread sooo close. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canexpat View Post
    Greetings OP. Have you gotten a chance for any night shooting yet? Been watching this thread sooo close. Thanks!
    A little. See the second paragraph of the post above yours for my brief statements so far. I should have my agency range back now that SWAT RoundUp is over.

Feedback Score
    Thanks! I caught that. I was jonesing for more...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for your great review Buford. After the recent threads started in the tech discussion area I've been looking at the Precision Armament line of brakes. Just curious if you had any experience with the AFAB Mini which is listed as a flash hider/comp. Again, thanks for your hands on review.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    BTJ, thanks for the ongoing review.

I would really love to see an honest comparison, cost differences aside, of the Precision Armament EFAB and the current version of the Knight's MAMS.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast