Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Precision Armament EFAB first impressions

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I agree that the folks at PA are quality and are running a solid operation from what I can tell. Both the AFAB mini, their muzzle shim kit, and now the EFAB have been superbly machined and finished products for fair prices. PA makes no extravagant claims and their products perform as advertised in my experience.
    Well I considered the KAC comment as "hear say" LOL, the maching and fit & finish is incredible on the EFAB, I"m testing(running a Griffin Armament M4SD Flash/Comp) along side the PA. I was a machinist in a previous life so the precision on the EFAB is outstanding, I was impressed. Matt told me to "wait out" on the new MB since the EFAB was designed more for the SBR, good advice BTW. Cheers
    Last edited by mildot; 10-03-14 at 21:06.

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    Well I considered the KAC comment as "hear say" LOL, the maching and fit & finish is incredible on the EFAB, I"m testing(running a Griffin Armament M4SD Flash/Comp) along side the PA. I was a machinist in a previous life so the precision on the EFAB is outstanding, I was impressed. Matt told me to "wait out" on the new MB since the EFAB was designed more for the SBR, good advice BTW. Cheers
    I would really like to hear your impressions in this thread if you don't mind.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I would really like to hear your impressions in this thread if you don't mind.
    Sure I'm freeing up some time next week, so I'll post my impressions. No worries.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    Sure I'm freeing up some time next week, so I'll post my impressions. No worries.
    Outstanding sir. Thank you in advance. I'm shooting my agency qual on Monday but am going on a cruise after that. Won't have time behind the trigger until November.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Can anybody test it on an sbr?
    my enmity is only against Tyranny, where ever I find it, wheter in Emperour, King, Prince, Parliament, Presbyters, or People.
    Richard Overton, 1646

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville View Post
    Can anybody test it on an sbr?
    I have it installed on my Colt 6945, which is a 10.3.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Would like to hear about this form Buford and Sapper. Looking for a new device for the 11.5.
    "You cannot play fair with people who don't care if you get wiped off the map. You don't have to hate everyone who isn't part of your tribe, but it is foolish to keep caring about people who don't care about you."
    Speech at the second National Policy Institute conference, December 26, 2013.

See you soon, AC.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Ran my agency qual on Monday with Federal XM193 55gr. It's a modified Navy qual IIRC. 21 rounds at distances from 100 to 25 yards, on the jog in between each course of fire. The EFAB is such a neutral device, I can just cradle the KMR in my open hand and the gun stays put. The Dragon has a small expansion chamber before you get to its three blast baffles (chambers) and this caused me to run less gas using the EFAB on my SLR Sentry 7 gas block. The Dragon's upward facing ports also drove my muzzle down slightly during strings of rapid fire (think prone at 50 for time). I could even feel it when using the mag as a mono-pod....the gun would rock back and forth with the DGN556 whereas the gun just works gently front-to-back with the EFAB, staying flat.

For me, the EFAB is what I need. No over-pressure in the gas system as compared to brakes with an expansion chamber (I'm two settings more open on my AGB than with the Dragon, which isn't that bad), either.

I asked the guys who ran qual with me how bad the blast was, as we all shot at the 50 and 75 under a large metal-roof over-hang, which was sitting on a concrete slab. If any of you come to SWAT RoundUp, that is my agency and the range that I use (West PPC, if you recall). Shooting even an A2 under the overhang will wake you up, and the EFAB seemed no different. I shot it at 0830 hours, so it was still pretty dark due to cloud cover and the sun wasn't peeking over the East berm yet. From my perspective, no flash. None.

I asked the 5 other guys who shot my qual about it....I even "warned" them that I had a new brake (to a chorus of "Awww F*CK! REALLY!?!?"). None of them said they could tell the difference between it and the A2s on their agency issued LMT 16" carbines. One of them even went old school and used a pair of 9mm casings as "ear protection". He was right next to me (and always bitched about my Lantac and even my FSC556 on my old BCM 14.5" middy) and he forgot about it until I asked him if he noticed anything. High praise, indeed.

I'm sure the EFAB MUST be louder on the 90-degree axis than an A2....that's just physics. But it appears to be a winner in that category and additional pressure/flash is minimal. I continue to be pleased with the EFAB....finally a device that does what the BC promises without nearly doubling your gas system pressure!
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 10-08-14 at 09:25.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you for the great and continued reporting.

Any chance of night shooting or even video in the future?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    Thank you for the great and continued reporting.

Any chance of night shooting or even video in the future?
    No prob. It's all anecdotal at this point.

Night shooting won't happen any sooner than November.

Also, I should note that I paid FULL RETAIL for my EFAB. No LEO discount or any other promo. So my observations and value statements are based off that price.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast