Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Precision Armament EFAB first impressions

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdcgrohl View Post
    BTJ, thanks for the ongoing review.

I would really love to see an honest comparison, cost differences aside, of the Precision Armament EFAB and the current version of the Knight's MAMS.
    The KAC is a beast. I would expect it to be better in virtually every area, if only incrementally. I hold their kit in high regard.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    The KAC is a beast. I would expect it to be better in virtually every area, if only incrementally. I hold their kit in high regard.
    For now the KAC MAMS is the pinnacle of hybrid devices. It combines the attributes of both items better than any I have found. Everyone else is trying to catch up. It offers close to open break performance with lower flash and and blast in 5.56, 300 AAC Blackout, and 7.62 than the competition has. It's not cheap, part of what you're paying is R&D.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    For now the KAC MAMS is the pinnacle of hybrid devices. It combines the attributes of both items better than any I have found. Everyone else is trying to catch up. It offers close to open break performance with lower flash and and blast in 5.56, 300 AAC Blackout, and 7.62 than the competition has. It's not cheap, part of what you're paying is R&D.
    Exactly. KAC spends more time and energy on one product like the MAMS than most companies do on their entire product line. Not to mention that they have C.R. Knight's elephant brain behind them.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

Feedback Score
    Looks nice

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Oh, and I ran another 120 rounds through the EFAB last Friday. The perceived blast to the shooter is basically non existent. It felt like my buddy's A2 on his 6920. Even from the side it is exceedingly mild.

Despite having the utmost respect for everything KAC, the EFAB has a shot at delivering almost everything that the MAMS does as far as flash, blast, and muzzle rise reduction (except for the MAMS' rearward recoil reduction) for about 50% of the price. If that bears out, that's high praise in my mind.

I need a MAMS to shoot back to back with the EFAB.

The EFAB works so well, you just don't think about it. I totally forgot to post about it, as evidence of this.
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 12-15-14 at 20:45.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I hope you can get a hold of a MAMS and get a side by side soon. I'm about to order an EFAB and would like to see...
    "You cannot play fair with people who don't care if you get wiped off the map. You don't have to hate everyone who isn't part of your tribe, but it is foolish to keep caring about people who don't care about you."
    Speech at the second National Policy Institute conference, December 26, 2013.

See you soon, AC.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fixit69 View Post
    I hope you can get a hold of a MAMS and get a side by side soon. I'm about to order an EFAB and would like to see...
    Don't hold your breath. I would love to, but I don't have access to one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Oh, at that price, I don't blame you. I just like to see comparisons between products of all types.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "You cannot play fair with people who don't care if you get wiped off the map. You don't have to hate everyone who isn't part of your tribe, but it is foolish to keep caring about people who don't care about you."
    Speech at the second National Policy Institute conference, December 26, 2013.

See you soon, AC.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I recently received a mint condition KAC MAMS 5.56 muzzle device (on loan from a member) and will be testing it against the EFAB on my upper.

Be looking for a new thread with plenty of pictures (and some duplicates from this thread for comparison purposes) and also some video. I'm actually going to find somebody else to hold the camera this time.

I expect the MAMS to have more reduction of recoil and to have roughly equivalent muzzle rise control to the EFAB. What is in question is the MAMS' muzzle flash reduction and back pressure increase as compared to the EFAB.

As I stated earlier in this thread, the EFAB creates virtually no additional back pressure and is excellent at flash reduction in my Rainier Arms 18" gov profile barrel with rifle length gas.
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 01-15-15 at 17:33.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdcgrohl View Post
    BTJ, thanks for the ongoing review.

I would really love to see an honest comparison, cost differences aside, of the Precision Armament EFAB and the current version of the Knight's MAMS.
    Your wish is about to be granted.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456