Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: Start saving your money, something good comes our way soon!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dgtaurus View Post
    Well that kind of sucks. I was hoping the price would be lower. Hopefully the price will settle down over time. At 1900 for the rifle id rather have a Tavor. Still im pretty excited to see them coming here.
    Tavor at release went for its MSRP of 1999.00. Some probably went for even more due to the fact that we were in the middle of the 2013 Legislation scare. I daresay that at initial release the Galil ACE will reach the savvy shoppers hands for about or a little below MSRP and as time roles on and supply builds up you'll see a drop in prices. MSRP is lower than the ARX-100 that didn't take long to plummet in price at online retailers.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dgtaurus View Post
    Well that kind of sucks. I was hoping the price would be lower. Hopefully the price will settle down over time. At 1900 for the rifle id rather have a Tavor. Still im pretty excited to see them coming here.
    You have to remember that the prices listed are FULL RETAIL. So yes, they will come down.

Also, the people that are comparing this gun to some run of the mill AK is apples and oranges. If your not interested in it, that is fine, but no need to comment about it.

C4

Feedback Score
    This announcement makes me interested in a 7.62x39mm platform. I have no real desire to own an AK at the moment, but this is like an AK that read a book and graduated high school.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    This announcement makes me interested in a 7.62x39mm platform. I have no real desire to own an AK at the moment, but this is like an AK that read a book and graduated high school.
    I used to have a bunch of AK's, but eventually I thinned that part of the collection way down even though I like shooting the x39 cartridges. The only 7.62x39 AK rifle I have left is an Arsenal, and it stays just for the novelty and because it's one of the best AK's I've owned (pure luck with it being an Arsenal). I'm still wanting a non-AK 7.62x39 rifle badly...for me it's a decision between a Sig 556R gen2 or the Ace. If it's the Ace, I'll be waiting a long while for the prices to level off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    I have a fear that the 5.56 and 7.62 NATO versions will flop due to the use of AR-15 and SR-25 magazines. Namely, I fear reliability issues.
    There are issues with SR-25 mags?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    The Issue's don't stem from the magazine, but trying to shoehorn a magazine for one rifle into a rifle that has it's own proven magazine and feeding system. Always better to stick with the original design with the original magazines rather than trying to force engineer a magazine "standard" on the platform in the hopes that it ends up functioning with the same reliability.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post
    The Issue's don't stem from the magazine, but trying to shoehorn a magazine for one rifle into a rifle that has it's own proven magazine and feeding system. Always better to stick with the original design with the original magazines rather than trying to force engineer a magazine "standard" on the platform in the hopes that it ends up functioning with the same reliability.
    I would guess that your concern is part of why IWI US is delaying the release of the 7.62x51 and 5.56 ACEs until late next year/early the following year, while launching the 7.62x39mm variant in the next couple months.

I feel that the Israeli side of IWI has good reason to want to make such modifications to the ACE. It would make the ACE an easy sell as an upgrade for the Estonians and IWI's more typical Latin American clientele armed with legacy Galil rifles and carbines. It gives them lights and sights and improved interoperability with US, NATO, and allied forces, while still possessing the Kalashnikov-like attributes that led to their adoption in the first place. It even offers the IDF improved interoperability between units (perhaps police?) armed with Galil ACEs and regular IDF units with Tavors and AR-15s and Israeli SOF with AR-15s, Galil MARs (perhaps replaced with Galil ACE 21s?), &c.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 11-17-14 at 19:30.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    What we know:
    Candy corn sucks.
    My cat is awesome.

What all this fuss better not be over:
    Candy corn that is shaped like 9mm.

What all this fuss better be about:
    An ammo carrier that doesn't take 30 minutes to put on my cat.
    HAHAAHHAHA......holy shit..you oh me for my cleaning bill..i have maker's mark all over my shirt
    " In War, Strife, and Acts of Bravery, it's always the strong one's that get taken from the GENE POOL......and we wonder why society is getting weaker!!!" - by me

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As stated by MorphCross, the issue is trying to reverse engineer what is essentially a .308 Valmet (which is what the Galil is based off of, but not exactly the same) to accept AR-10 magazines. I think it's a bad idea, but I guess it could be done. Galil/Valmet 308s use pretty sturdy steel magazines. I have shot both variants in a limited capacity, and they are solid rifles. If IWI sells us a Galil ACE in .308, I much rather have a rifle using the original magazine design. .308 Galil mags are very reliable and robust, so why change it?

Edited to add: I would also state that I rather take a G3 or Valmet/Galil in .308 over an AR-10 when it comes to durability/reliability. So if IWI already has a great design, why change it so we can use SR-25 PMAGs, which one could argue are inferior? Of course, I don't have a random sample of ten rifles of each design to perform a given durability test over 6000 rounds or so, but I think my point is valid.
    Last edited by MadAngler1; 11-19-14 at 08:41.

Feedback Score
    If IWI changes the design to accommodate the US mags, that may mean a side mag release rather than the AK style. That would be a significant redesign, and I'm not sure how much users would really care for it. Time will tell, I guess, but I'm more of a fan of the rock and locks for these types of guns.
    Crossing the Noobicon

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast