Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 9mm SBR Build Questions

Feedback Score
    37 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronach View Post
    The only problem with the 6951 is that I like the upper and the lower, but everything in front of and behind them would get tossed. So, instead of comparing the cost of the 6951 to a home build, I'd be using the 6951 as my start point and adding money from there. No go.

OK, that's overly dramatic ... I'd yank the parts and sell them, but still, I'm starting money behind and ending even more money behind.

Mike
    I hear you... I just added a CTR stock and moe grip at first then when I did the barrel swap installed a DD Lite rail.

Feedback Score
    The only problem with the 6951 is that I like the upper and the lower, but everything in front of and behind them would get tossed. So, instead of comparing the cost of the 6951 to a home build, I'd be using the 6951 as my start point and adding money from there. No go.

OK, that's overly dramatic ... I'd yank the parts and sell them, but still, I'm starting money behind and ending even more money behind.

Mike
    Thankfully Grant has a lot of the 9mm components in stock. I ordered my upper, buffer and buffer spacer from him. Brownells had the Colt bolt carrier group in stock as well. Originally I was just going to use my pistol upper occasionally and bought the YHM mag adapter. 50 rounds later, I ordered a dedicated lower from QC10.

As far as bolt carriers go, I believe JP Rifles is one of the few that sell a carrier properly ramped for Glock mags. I will probably send my Colt to ADCO to have it ramped as well.

Feedback Score
    Ignoring cost, is there an advantage to using Glock mags over Colt mags? Which system is more reliable?

Feedback Score
    I just finished my 9mm build. I almost went with the Lone Wolf, but decided at the last minute I would give Quarter Circle 10 a shot. I called QC10 and immediately received an answer from Russ who I believe is the owner. Very nice guy, very informative, great customer service. I emailed him my dealers FFL info and ordered the lower. Received it 3 days later. The Lone Wolf does not have a LRBHO. QC10 does and I have read mixed reviews about it working or not through the previous DDLES name. To me that was not a deal breaker, as I figured I would be able to tweek it if needed. Mine worked 100% out of the box with the supplied spring from QC10. I run mine mostly suppressed and it functions perfect. I just posted a build list and a pic on here:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-Dedicated-9mm

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ignoring cost, is there an advantage to using Glock mags over Colt mags? Which system is more reliable?
    Difficult to answer unless you have experience with both. Hopefully someone who has experience with each will come along.

The Metalform (Colt OEM maker) 32 rounders can be found around $30 if you are patient. I picked up 3 from CDNN and they still have them ($29.99).
    Last edited by DWood; 10-06-14 at 07:50.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I will try and pick up some of these off brand lowers and build some 9mm AR's using as man Colt parts as possible.

IWI has said to me that their 32rd mags work with the Colt system. I have not tested this though. These mags would be another option.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...on&key=TSM932B

C4

Feedback Score
    yeah, in theory, the Glock mag compatability is a bonus, as I already have G17 mags. However, lets be realistic ... I won't be happy until I have 33 rounders, so I'm buying mags anyway.

Feedback Score
    37 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    I will try and pick up some of these off brand lowers and build some 9mm AR's using as man Colt parts as possible.

IWI has said to me that their 32rd mags work with the Colt system. I have not tested this though. These mags would be another option.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...on&key=TSM932B

C4
    Grant can you verify the function of these mags in a Colt? If they do run I would be interested.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.A.F.S. View Post
    Grant can you verify the function of these mags in a Colt? If they do run I would be interested.
    Yep, is on my things to do list.

C4

Feedback Score
    Same here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast