Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Palmetto State .308

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Palmetto State .308

Extractor spring. I have not verified it yet. The only difference is in the .308 set-up, they include the inner spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Made it to the range the other day. I shot 100 rounds of Wolf and Silver Bear ammo and had zero issues returning to battery and everything operated very smoothly suppressed and not. I think I found a nice shooting combination here. There was a poor soul at the range who just picked up his first AR built by someone "who knows what they are doing" that needed some help getting it to run. This sucked up a good amount of my time so I only got groups at 50 yards. This is off a bench using a scope and bipod, no rear bag. Sorry for only being 3 round groups, I ran out of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    Glad your rifle is working good. Could I bother you for a list of what you did to the bolt carrier to make it reliable. Also where I can find the parts. I know you changed the buffer and gas block but I would like to start with the bcg. Thank you for posting your findings and letting us know what you have done so far.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BENXDM9 View Post
    Could I bother you for a list of what you did to the bolt carrier to make it reliable. Also where I can find the parts. I know you changed the buffer and gas block but I would like to start with the bcg. Thank you for posting your findings and letting us know what you have done so far.
    Sure thing:

Complete PA-10 http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-10-rifle.html

Extractor spring: Fulton Armory outer spring http://www.fulton-armory.com/extract...mblytitan.aspx
    Springco inner spring Part no 26405 http://www.sprinco.com/tactical.html (O-ring installed)

Buffer spring: Springco Red spring Part no 25004 http://www.sprinco.com/tactical.html
    (Looks like Part no 25308 contains both Red buffer spring and dual 308 extractor spring)

Buffer: Colt 9mm http://www.midwayusa.com/product/738...ProductFinding (my scale shows same weight as an H3)

Gas block: Syrac adjustable http://www.midwayusa.com/product/332...ProductFinding (6 clicks open from full closed)

Handguard: MI SS-series, low profile http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/...tegory_ID=1209

Muzzle device: AAC Brake out, 51T http://www.midwayusa.com/product/955...ad-steel-matte

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your help and knowledge.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BENXDM9 View Post
    Glad your rifle is working good. Could I bother you for a list of what you did to the bolt carrier to make it reliable. Also where I can find the parts. I know you changed the buffer and gas block but I would like to start with the bcg. Thank you for posting your findings and letting us know what you have done so far.
    I started with a complete PA-10 18" Stainless (midlength) upper and BCG combo. Swapped buffer for Bravo Company H3 buffer, Sprinco orange spring, Sprinco extractor spring kit (using factory O-ring). The rifle is now functioning using the same ammo as it was choking on before (FTRB). It is still ejecting to 2:30, but there were no malfunctions, FTRB or otherwise.

It took ~$75 additional to get the rifle functioning, but most of the things were stupid like the springs. PSA could have an excellent budget .308 rifle if they just made some very minor changes and QC'd their products.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyohte View Post
    I started with a complete PA-10 18" Stainless (midlength) upper and BCG combo. Swapped buffer for Bravo Company H3 buffer, Sprinco orange spring, Sprinco extractor spring kit (using factory O-ring). The rifle is now functioning using the same ammo as it was choking on before (FTRB). It is still ejecting to 2:30, but there were no malfunctions, FTRB or otherwise.

It took ~$75 additional to get the rifle functioning, but most of the things were stupid like the springs. PSA could have an excellent budget .308 rifle if they just made some very minor changes and QC'd their products.
    I completely agree with your assessment here. Possibly not necessary but the only suggestion I have is the adjustable gas block to remedy the overgas issue/0230 ejection pattern. But it looks like the Orange Springco spring you're using is helping with that issue. I'm glad to hear yours is running well with your combo.
    Last edited by Lincoln7; 03-01-15 at 16:53. Reason: Add more info

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The adjustable block would add to the cost. The easy solution, if I were PSA would be to make it rifle length gas system and use the proper port size.

The next upgrade I do for the rifle will be the addition of an adjustable gas block, but for now I will use it as is. I do not have a suppressor, so I am not too concerned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I sent my upper, 18 inch mid length, back to PSA for the second time. I put over 400 rounds through it and it still will not get through a magazine without a FGRB malfunction. To PSA's credit they paid shipping both times, this time I told them to refund my money or send a new upper. I am pretty sure they are going to refund. I may just wait a few months and order another when they go on sale. Maybe by then they will have worked out the issues.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    So here is my issues.

PA10 Complete Lower
    PA10 stripped upped
    PA10 Nickle Boron BCG
    BCM Mod 4 762 CH
    RAINIER ARMS SELECT MATCH 16in Midlength Barrel
    BCM Lo-Pro Gas Block
    Midwest Industries 15in Keymod Handguard
    Tried Various Muzzle Devices - AAC 51T 762 MB, AAC 51T Blackout FH, Big Ass Battle Comp(BABC).

4 different PMag LR20''s.

I can't get to bolt to go all the way forward when loading from a full mag(18 in mag seems to be the magic number). Then about ever 3 or 4 rounds I get a Stovepipe that allows the next round to be almost chambered.

It does this with every type of ammo I try. AE 150gr FMJBT, Gold Medal Match 175's, some Surplus 149gr "training" ammo.

Pretty puzzled as to what it could be. I think part of the issue is that PSA shipped a 308 lower with a standard AR15 H Buffer and spring. If I'm thinking correctly, the A5 buffer is actually a 308 buffer, am I correct? If so, I have an extra one here to try.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast