Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Palmetto State .308

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have the 16" melonite barreled complete upper on one of their complete lowers. I haven't had any issues out of it. I have a CMC 3.5# trigger in it. No problems installing it and no function problems with it. The rifle length gas system has been 100% no matter how crappy the ammo. For 1000 dollars out the door I'm very happy. It might not be a lmt but its 1/3 of the price.

Feedback Score
    I got an update from PSA on the lower issue. I asked if are working on a long term fix like coming out with a new lower that will not require any machining on aftermarket triggers, and this was their response:

"We are working to correct this issue, and a new PA-10 lower receiver is in the works.

Thank you,

Customer Service
    Palmetto State Armory
    (803) 724-6950
    Info@palmettostatearmory.com"

So that is good news. Looks like there will be a completely new lower that fixes the issue.

Feedback Score
    Wondering if anyone else has ran their assembled uppers? Keep going back and forth in my mind on the cmmg mk3 upper and the PSA lightweight 18" offering.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My lower (complete) arrived yesterday and it looks pretty good. I installed a ALG ACT trigger and compared it with the original. They are the same dimensionally. I can't imagine a problem with it.. We'll see when I get the upper. Overall condition of the lower is great and at $239 it'll be hard to beat...
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Also in this thread on TOS, PSA answers some questions about compatibility and specs. 'Gotta admit the price point on this is interesting if not tempting.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_301/2...__.html&page=1

Feedback Score
    I think he hit the nail on the head on the price point as well with the other manufacturers and the changes in their pricing.

When you get down to it, if the tooling is already there, there is not a whole lot more materials that go into a AR10 platform to justify double and more the price of an AR15 at the POS.

Free market. If you have a competitor that is undercutting you with a product that works, you have to adjust accordingly or loose. Evidently the PSA PA10 line is working (I am still in the "stay away from the PTAC line" crowd) or we'd be hearing about it by now. Just after market triggers that don't play well that they are addressing rather than saying you are SOL.

Between PSA and DPMS Gen II, they might force the market to conform to a single pattern. In about 4 years the market for assembling your own reliable and functional AR pattern .308 from parts should be as prolific as the AR15.
    Last edited by Sticks; 12-24-14 at 05:34.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Feedback Score
    I don't really see the G2 or Colt platforms to be standard because of what exists for the old DPMS platform in terms of aftermarket and compatibility. With the PA10 being basically a $700-$800 rifle you start wondering why the hell not buy one.

Feedback Score
    We took my step brother's out today. PSA pre assembled lower, he assembled the PSA upper, Rainier barrel with Odin rail. Everything worked fine after we realized he didn't have the gas block aligned correctly. Nice setup, especially for the money he has in it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Well. they got the BCG in stock for a little while so I have one on the way. Brings me to $750-ish or there abouts..
    Last edited by Kokopelli; 01-03-15 at 14:09.
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    I received my complete 16" upper with stainless barrel last week and I should have the complete lower at my FFL Friday. So hopefully I will be able to chime in after this weekend. Complete lower with Magpul Miad grip and MOE stock in black was $338.99 shipped then $25 for FFL. The lower is 16" stainless with 15 MI rail with BCG and charging handle and came to $636.99 shipped. So $1000.98 in it. I have an Aimpoint Pro or a Nikon I can put on it and a cmc trigger for it from other rifles I had parts of off.
    Last edited by BENXDM9; 01-07-15 at 10:43.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast