Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed View Post
I carry a shield 9mm, with one spare mag. It's really so easy to carry, and the ammo capacity of the Shield is so relatively small, that I like having the reload. Because my jobs entail me being looked at by a lot of people a lot of the time, and a lot of moving, bending, and twisting (bartender and brewer, not stripper ) carrying a smaller gun is easier for me. I just can't effectively conceal bigger guns while working without wearing a tent for a shirt. Out and about I may or may not carry a larger gun (G19 or PPQ), but FWIW I usually have an extra mag with me for those as well. Overall I EDC so much stuff on me that putting an extra mag into the mix isn't going to really affect me; so imo why not have one just in case, especially since as noted above it is a fast way to resolve a malfunction?

ETA I was thinking about this the other night while watching Hank's final episode in Breaking Bad. Who thinks he would have minded having another mag or three?
I do G26 and a 19 mag when I'm working the brewery. Usually wear a Dickies shirt so they are baggy.