Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of y'all carry extra magazines on your person?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EricTheRed View Post
    I carry a shield 9mm, with one spare mag. It's really so easy to carry, and the ammo capacity of the Shield is so relatively small, that I like having the reload. Because my jobs entail me being looked at by a lot of people a lot of the time, and a lot of moving, bending, and twisting (bartender and brewer, not stripper ) carrying a smaller gun is easier for me. I just can't effectively conceal bigger guns while working without wearing a tent for a shirt. Out and about I may or may not carry a larger gun (G19 or PPQ), but FWIW I usually have an extra mag with me for those as well. Overall I EDC so much stuff on me that putting an extra mag into the mix isn't going to really affect me; so imo why not have one just in case, especially since as noted above it is a fast way to resolve a malfunction?

ETA I was thinking about this the other night while watching Hank's final episode in Breaking Bad. Who thinks he would have minded having another mag or three?
    I do G26 and a 19 mag when I'm working the brewery. Usually wear a Dickies shirt so they are baggy.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I rarely carry, but if I do it's a PPS with 7 rounds and no spare magazine.

Feedback Score
    I carry every day, Glock 23 or 27, but I normally do not carry a spare magazine. I do however keep one in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    When I do carry, which hasn't been for a while, I'd always have a spare. As other said most malfs are ammo or mag caused and most can be quickly with a fresh mag. Plus if I was putting on the holster the mag pouch was just one more easy step and it wasn't any harder to conceal.
    Die living

Feedback Score
    I carry a G20, with 1 spar mag. If 30 rounds of 10mm will not be enough, I'm in very deep shit. I will be working my way to my vehicle for a rifle.

Feedback Score
    I used to carry a reload. Got tied of the Fricke Archangel mag pouch shifting. Waiting on a DSG AIWB mag pouch. Those new JMs look pretty cool too.

In reality I'm not worried about it. Carrying a fixed blade is way more important, and I'm carrying that where my reload was. You're not going to do a reload with someone on top of you anyways.
    Dogma is failure - Ken Hackathorn

Only performance counts - Paul Sharp

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I carry every day. If the mag for the pistol I'm carrying that day holds 10 rounds or more, I carry one spare, if less than 10, then I carry two.
    "Illinois, where political corruption is not just a way of life, it is the state motto".

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Extra Magazines.......

I carry everyday, and don't typically carry a spare mag when I'm around town here at home. Usually it's a G19, a PPQ or P2000, and there's a spare mag of each in the console of the car.

When I'm on a road trip to visit the kids/grandkids or a hunting trip, I'll always carry a spare in a mag holder on my belt, with more in the car.

You never know.....
    If we want to regain the respect of the world, we should begin by announcing that children have no business expressing opinions on anything except "Do you have enough room in the toes?" -Florence King

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Replacing the magazine with a fresh one is the fastest way to resolve a malfunction, so I carry a spare one.
    This is the main reason why I carry one reload with a semi auto. I seriously doubt I will ever need more than the 15 to 17 already in the pistol. But I always carry a reload just in case.

I don't understand the point of having a spare mag and leaving it in the car. Makes absolutely zero sense. May as well leave it at home.

I also always carry a speedloader in a belt pouch when I carry a revolver instead of a semi.
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 10-07-14 at 08:16.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    You're not going to do a reload with someone on top of you anyways.
    If all gunfights ended with someone on top of you, you would have a point. But they don't.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast