Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 FS problem?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Beretta 92 FS problem?

I bought my wife a new 92fs and noticed on "You Tube" alot of people were having problems with the decocker breaking in a way were the safety will still go on but the hammer will not drop. Ive never had a problem like this on any of my old ones,and was just wondering if any of you have had this problem?

I searched this forum and nothing popped up about it. Are these guys just abusing and breaking them? And is there a diagram of how to fix this problem with the replacement parts from brownells located somewhere on here?

When i decock the gun i USE the decocker and lower the hammer with my thumb slowly like i would lower it on my .45s,, just habit.

The only info i can give you about the gun is that its a brand new 92fs. And mine is so far not having a problem btw.. And it seemed that most vid. posted were from around 2011.

Thanks guys.....will check back later for updates..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Reports are that it happens when working or releasing the slide with the safety engaged.

Sent from my PG41200 using Tapatalk 2
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OK, ill be sure and not do that.. thank you..I couldnt seem to find alot of info on it..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, i'm not sure how much people are doing that in order to get it to break, but after the first time you do it, you realize it's not supposed to happen just by the grinding feeling in the pistol.

Feedback Score
    I've heard of the safety not disengaging when flipped to fire, but that's been service pistols after thousands and thousands of rounds.
    "If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

Feedback Score
    I like my 92FS. I have never had any problems. I use to shoot it in shooting matches without any problems. I do not do matches any longer but I occasionally carry it as as CCW. I trust my life with it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here's a video illustrating the problem for anyone else that is curious; first time I've heard of it happening.

"I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I had an issue M9 that did it on a semi-regular basis, so I just started carrying it cocked and locked.
    Disclaimer: I work for Suarez International as a customer service representative.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Cocked and locked???

I've owned and shot just about all modern handguns that have a decock feature. On the range or in a field and stream setting I always had my thumb on the hammer when decocking. I was not comfortable with the hammer falling with full force. I didn't like hearing the crunch/slam noise associating with decocking, and I always have considered the mechanism to be fragile. Just my opinion--no source or reference to cite.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I noticed that most vids. were from 2011. I wonder if beretta has fixed this problem yet?
    I just told my wife if shes working the slide to turn the safety off. She knows to keep her finger off the trigger any ways.
    But there were a couple of vids. and a lot of comments about this happining,seems like a dumb problem to be having from a company like beretta.

Of course nothings perfect but any safety problem should be taken to heart by beretta.

As strong as the double action trigger pull is in this gun, I would just leave it loaded with the safety off{dont have kids at home}.But i bought this gun for her becouse it has an ext. safety that most pistols dont have anymore.
    I also told her to only hammer drop it with the safety if it had to be done, if not, to hold the hammer, flip the decocker and lower it slowly like a .45 since it rolls the firing pin outa the way if it gets away from her it wont fire anyway..

Thanks for all the replys, I had not seen this problem before and it kinda bothered me when i saw it. I doubt this pistol will see 1000 rounds through it in its lifetime. but if it breaks i will post what happened..Iam gona take here out and put 100 round through it next week and it will probably be put in a night stand..lol. We were in a forest fire and lost her cheap .380 her dad gave her and i wanted to replace it with a pistol she could go shoot and have some fun with.And after shooting my .45 she found out that the little gun kicked as bad as a big heavy one so i upgraded her to the 9mm. so far she loves it..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast