Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have the new Troy SDMR13" Handguard?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Anyone have the new Troy SDMR13" Handguard?

What is the weight of this rail,diameter and what do you think of it?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last bump.

Feedback Score
    Inner Diameter: 1.39”
    Outer Diameter: 1.75”
    Weight: -11.6 ounces

hope that helps!
    blessed are the peacemakers...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sorry, but you're not going to get much response on Troy. Nothing against you personally.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why wouldn't he get a response on Troy? Their rails are very nice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostsup View Post
    Last year Troy did, how should I put this? An HS Precision maybe I should call it? They hired someone who's 2A views were not in line with a company that should be very pro 2A. They did end up firing said individual, but it left a very bad taste in a lot of people's mouths on par with taste that old man Ruger left backing the AWB from 94 and that being the reason there are still some people who will not buy Ruger firearms. Right, wrong, indifferent, it is what it is.

OP, sorry for the thread drift, but thought it might help answer Ghost's question as well as give you a reason why you may not have gotten much response.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Last year Troy did, how should I put this? An HS Precision maybe I should call it? They hired someone who's 2A views were not in line with a company that should be very pro 2A. They did end up firing said individual, but it left a very bad taste in a lot of people's mouths on par with taste that old man Ruger left backing the AWB from 94 and that being the reason there are still some people who will not buy Ruger firearms. Right, wrong, indifferent, it is what it is.

OP, sorry for the thread drift, but thought it might help answer Ghost's question as well as give you a reason why you may not have gotten much response.
    Please try to excuse my ignorance, but I have no idea what a "HS Precision" or 2A means. I have a Alpha VTAC 13" rail on one of my AR's and find it a great rail.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Please try to excuse my ignorance, but I have no idea what a "HS Precision" or 2A means. I have a Alpha VTAC 13" rail on one of my AR's and find it a great rail.
    2A is Second Amendment. I don't know the story about HS Precision, but Troy has hired folks who are not strong supporters of our rights. And therefore, Troy will not be supported by many of the people on this forum. In fact, some on this forum (and others) have sold their Troy products in protest. I only keep my Troy sights now, as I don't want to replace seven pairs.

I personally think the SDMR is too heavy and overpriced.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 10-19-14 at 21:43.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    HS Precision hired former HRT sniper Lon Horiuchi a number of years back as a spokesperson. Now, not going to rehatch the whole shitstorm that the move started. But Lon Horiuchi was the man from my understand, and I am far from an expert on the matter on the events and not going to pass judgement here, shot and killed Vicki Weaver Ruby Ridge. The move pissed off a lot of people and left a bad taste in a lot of other people's mouths. Again, right, wrong, indifferent, I am not going to get into the whole thing other than that. Troy basically did the same last year hiring if I recall correctly the former Vice Chief or some shit to that effect of Chicago, who had made several anti gun remarks. Again pissed off a lot of people and left bad tastes in others mouths. Another example I could offer would be Recoil magazines debacle with one of their writers/editors making a comment that there was no reason that a civilian should be allowed to own an H&K MP7 and the damage that his remark did to that magazine.

Here is the link to the thread that started it. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...he-payroll-too

Again, not to say Troy doesn't make good kit, but that is the reason that a lot of people won't even look at their products and many have sold their products that they did own.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast