Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Radical Firearms" on AR pistol?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I picked one of these up to see what they're all about and it use with an old 22 conversions kit.
    It arrived in about a week even with the warning on their page about orders taking 3-4 weeks

I haven't shot it yet, but I can say their website apparently doesn't get updated with changes. The upper I ordered stated the barrel was 4140 steel but I noticed other models said 4150v so I emailed before ordering. I got a quick reply and they said that all of their barrels are now 4150v.
    Also the picture of the standard quad rail shows circular holes, but the one I received has oval holes.

The quad rail had bits of the black anodized finish removed as soon as I took it out of the box. Not sure if that's the norm or if mine got beat in shipping. The box was undamaged but the upper was wrapped in barely enough bubble wrap to go around once so it might have vibrated against the box. It doesn't look damaged but it looks like things have been attached and removed. Not a big deal for $279, but don't expect perfection for half price.

Also interesting to me, their Facebook page has a special running for a complete pistol with lower, and on the advertisement they state 1/9 twist barrels even though mine and all other references say 1/7. Maybe a typo or maybe a special run, but it's an odd discrepancy.

I'll update after I get to shoot it some, but that will likely be a few weeks.
    Last edited by Hadoken; 11-07-14 at 15:05.

Feedback Score
    Just received the 8.5-inch 300BLK upper without charging handle or BCG from Primary Arms. This is item no. RFUPPERV1.0.75-300 on the PA website. As delivered the unit weights 2lbs 12.9ozs. The unit checks out okay in terms of visual inspection, fitting onto my pistol lower, accepting accessories on the top rail, accepting a charging handle and BCG. Finish looks even. Birdcage flash hider is properly regulated. The one fault I spotted is that the quad rail is ever so slightly lower than the top rail on the receiver. I am talking SLIGHTLY. You can just barely see it and feel it catch when you run a fingernail over it. I won't be using this rail so no big deal. I will report back once I have fired it, which won't be for some months.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looking forward to reading both your assessments.

Feedback Score
    I got this 7.5" when radical first had the sale for $599. I've added a few things to it but it ran good out of the box. I have a couple aero receiver sets and they are great quality. The bcg seems ok, I figure I'll change out the barrel before to long and I've got a rainier Evo 9" keymod and radicals new spitfire muzzle device to put on it when I get home from offshore.
    I've added
    Phase 5 Hex 2 pistol buffer tube
    PWS CQB
    Mbus and some other foliage green stuff just because it was on clearance at DSG
    Primary arms red dot on fortis mount
    Raptor CH

I've got to install the
    Rail
    Changing out muzzle device to spitfire only because it's longer
    BAD takedown pins
    JP trigger springs and going to polish
    SI ambi safety

With the PWS CQB muzzle device this thing is pleasant to shoot. I've put over 1k rounds through it and love it. I've shot it without hearing protection to see if I could if I had to and it's not loud at all.

Last edited by Cwayaustx; 11-17-14 at 19:12.

Feedback Score
    Just a quick review of the black Friday sale at Radical and more importantly there CS. I ordered online an upper about 4:00PM on Black Friday only to realize in my post turkey haste that I had ordered the wrong item about 5 minutes later. You know that feeling that you get about 5 minutes after you push the buy button. Oh sheet I messed up and I better go check it. Confirmed I do not need to be left alone with a debit card and a computer after pecan pie. Well I sent them a short email figuring I might get a return email in a week or so. Wrong again about 5 minutes later they sent me an em asking me to call Tim in CS. Gave him a call at 4:30 pm and explained what I wanted vs what I ordered and it took all of about 5 minutes start to finish emails and all. Kudo's to Radical Firearms that on a very busy day in there life they took the time to fix my mistake and had a great attitude about it. If there product runs half as good as there cs then they should grow fast.

Feedback Score
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Glad everything worked out

I'm looking at one as well.

Looking forward to everyone's update

Feedback Score
    Finally had a chance to shoot my Radical Firearms 8.5-inch 300blk upper purchased from Primary Arms. I fired just 14 rounds from the gun this evening at the 50-foot indoor range. The ammo was my initial handload for this cartridge. LC brass, Federal SR Primer, Speer 150gr softpoint, flatbase bullet, 15.5grs W296, OAL 1.165-1.168.
    The loads locked the BCG back reliable, fed from magazine reliably, and ejected from the rifle reliable.
    Using a Weaver V3 I was able to zero the scope in 7 rounds and thereafter print a 7-shot group under half an inch.
    I think that is a good initial showing and I am very pleased thus far.

The Upper has a Daniel Defense BCG, a BMC Gunfighter charging handle, and a UTC ultra slim pro handguard, all mods I made to the stock upper, of course. I also replaced the A2 flash hider with a Low Concussion Linear Comp. from custommuzzlebrakes.com.

Last edited by lawboy; 12-12-14 at 00:52.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawboy View Post
    Finally had a chance to shoot my Radical Firearms 8.5-inch 300blk upper purchased from Primary Arms. I fired just 14 rounds from the gun this evening at the 50-foot indoor range. The ammo was my initial handload for this cartridge. LC brass, Federal SR Primer, Speer 150gr softpoint, flatbase bullet, 15.5grs W296, OAL 1.165-1.168.
    The loads locked the BCG back reliable, fed from magazine reliably, and ejected from the rifle reliable.
    Using a Weaver V3 I was able to zero the scope in 7 rounds and thereafter print a 7-shot group under half an inch.
    I think that is a good initial showing and I am very pleased thus far.

The Upper has a Daniel Defense BCG, a BMC Gunfighter charging handle, and a UTC ultra slim pro handguard, all mods I made to the stock upper, of course. I also replaced the A2 flash hider with a Low Concussion Linear Comp. from custommuzzlebrakes.com.

[IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd221/behightower/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1404808807374_zpsf1fc5e82.jpeg[IMG]
    [IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd221/behightower/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_1422996704102_zpsb22bc535.jpeg[IMG]
    I know a lot of people dislike them but I like the look of the UTG rails, plus they're made just around the corner from me.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Alliance Shoothouse, YSINTG, Carbine 1, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pyzik View Post
    I know a lot of people dislike them but I like the look of the UTG rails, plus they're made just around the corner from me.
    Can't imagine why anyone would dislike the UTG rail. I think it is an excellent quality piece and it looks great. I love the small diameter and light weight, and very low profile rail sections, much lower than the rails for my VTAC rail and miles ahead of any quad rail. I plan to buy another one if I don't like the Seekins keymod rail on an upper I am awaiting delivery on.

Feedback Score
    Got out yesterday and ran 50 rounds through the gun at 50-yrd range. Zero issues of any kind. Groups ran 1.5 inches. These were randomly selected handloads. I have done no work up for accuracy yet. Gun rejects cases to the same 2-foot area. I am thrilled.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast