Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Leupold LCO optic

Feedback Score
    Yes they do

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm betting this etched reticle LCO will have eye-relief.
    It might be very forgiving, but this seems to be an upgraded leupold prismatic to me (with a protective shroud).

I'm definitely going to be saving for something--this or a T2.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
    I'm betting this etched reticle LCO will have eye-relief.
    It might be very forgiving, but this seems to be an upgraded leupold prismatic to me (with a protective shroud).

I'm definitely going to be saving for something--this or a T2.
    If there is no magnification I don't see why, but I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    An etched reticle won't "float" so you'd either have to have your head in the EXACT same spot or it will have eye-relief/eye- box I think. Unless they've invented something new. For that price, I'd hope so.
    But I think it's just a new prismatic.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by evi1joe View Post
    An etched reticle won't "float" so you'd either have to have your head in the EXACT same spot or it will have eye-relief/eye- box I think. Unless they've invented something new. For that price, I'd hope so.
    But I think it's just a new prismatic.
    This......

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You'll get parallax if your head is not in the same spot, which was discussed earlier. Technically, even if it's floating, some degree of parallax still exists, though less so than a magnified scope. If there is a tight eyebox and narrow eye-relief, it would make the scope almost silly IMO because you're losing the speed of 1x RDS, and have all the drawbacks of a magnified scope.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Okay. Met up with Mr. Lamb today at a store visit.
    I got to see the mystery red dot in question. It is basically an Aimpoint dot inside a nice square eotech window. It is shorter than an EXPS, seems super rugged, 10-12 ounces (a guess). 1.2-1.5MOA (guess), goes from perfect dot to as bright as anything.
    It does NOT have an etched reticle..... (But looked great with my astigmatism.)

The etched reticle sight is the OTHER new sight. I won't say anything out of respect for Mr. Lamb (he asked for no pictures, but I assume he wouldn't want me saying too much about it), except to say the etched reticle sight works with the red dot (or other red dots). It is not a "magnifier" per se, but more like an innovative magnified type scope, and it's amazing. Both are gonna be at SHOT 2015.

UPDATE: I see someone mentioned it on page 3--yeah, it's a 6X, BUT you don't have to move your head at all to see it....you look through the red dot, THEN you just glance down and if you're eye relief is right (and it seemed to have short eye-relief), you see through the 6X. Since the optic is mounted over the ejection port off to the side, the bullet drop compensator actually CURVES to the side as it goes down. Very innovative--though it will be pricey. You'll also be able to mount a delta point PRO on top of it.
    ---
    NOTE: I was impressed. I'm saving starting today, but probably can't afford it until the tax return comes in.
    Last edited by evi1joe; 10-29-14 at 20:21.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Glad to hear this new info. Thanks for the update.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Added more since someone had already mentioned the 6X, which I hadn't even heard of before today.
    I do think the red dot is nice, but a bit heavy. People who like square Eotech like windows will like it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Well, that seals the deal for me. Ordering a T2. Screw that. "Unproven Eotech clone" is kindof how I feel about it, now, since it offers nothing new. The 6X seems interesting, though.
    Last edited by WS6; 10-29-14 at 21:11.

Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast