Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Leupold LCO optic

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by evolDiesel View Post
    Still waiting on this custom build with Robar that will get a D-EVO and likely a DeltaPoint Pro.

That's a pretty sweet carbine. I made my own variant with their receivers and pairing it with the Faxon pencil barrel (4lbs 10oz w/ optic). One thing to note is that the upper receiver is only compatible with the KSP/Robar lower due to a radius on the front pivot pin ear.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasman View Post
    That's a pretty sweet carbine. I made my own variant with their receivers and pairing it with the Faxon pencil barrel (4lbs 10oz w/ optic). One thing to note is that the upper receiver is only compatible with the KSP/Robar lower due to a radius on the front pivot pin ear.
    4lbs 10oz with optic!? Dude....

I elected to steer clear of the pencil barrel for this one, worrying about the heat issues users have reported.

Good to know on the lower. I guess that means you can't toss a Tacsol .22 upper on there?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    JACK LAPHAM IV
    Design Engineer III
    www.leupold.com
    https://jacklapham.wordpress.com
    Leupold Optics Academy

Leupold D-EVO

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    4lbs 10oz with optic!? Dude....

I elected to steer clear of the pencil barrel for this one, worrying about the heat issues users have reported.

Good to know on the lower. I guess that means you can't toss a Tacsol .22 upper on there?
    The KSP/Robar upper is the part with the fitment issue. They added a radius to where the pivot pin ear connects to the main body of the upper receiver for strength (and relieved material from the corresponding portion of the lower there to accommodate it). A standard forged upper just has a 90deg connection there. The extra material prevents the upper from closing on a standard lower without the relief for the radius. You can put a standard forged upper on the KSP/Robar lower so the Tacsol should work.

Feedback Score
    ... You can put a standard forged upper on the KSP/Robar lower so the Tacsol should work.
    I think I'm tracking. So, my Robar upper won't play nice with traditional lowers then?

JACK LAPHAM IV
    Design Engineer III
    www.leupold.com
    Leupold Optics Academy

Leupold D-EVO

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think I'm tracking. So, my Robar upper won't play nice with traditional lowers then?

Yup. I'll throw some pics up later tonight.

Feedback Score
    Also, I would suggest no one buy one of these.
    JACK LAPHAM IV
    Design Engineer III
    www.leupold.com
    Leupold Optics Academy

Leupold D-EVO

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Also, I would suggest no one buy one of these.
    I love how it's not only marked with "Leupold" as a counterfeit, but it's also marked with the "made in USA" graphic you use, despite the ad clearly showing it's shipped from China. I may have missed it, but does the ad also say "genuine counterfeit"?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yup. I'll throw some pics up later tonight.
    Here's the pics as promised:

1) In the circled areas you can see on the BCM forged upper (left) that the pivot pin ear ends in a 90deg junction to the upper while the KSP upper (left) has a radius. The protrusion of that radius makes it incompatible with lowers without a relief for it.

2) KSP lower (left) and TN Arms lower (right). Notice the area between the lower's pivot pin ears. The KSP has the relief for the upper while the TN Arms is square (standard).

3) BCM forged upper on KSP lower.

Feedback Score
    Good to know. Robar said 2 months so it should be done any day now. Can't wait to get familiar with it.

JACK LAPHAM IV
    Design Engineer III
    www.leupold.com
    Leupold Optics Academy

Leupold D-EVO

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looking for some feedback on the lco my department is looking at replacing all of our eotechs with this optic. I have been looking for reviews on these but info seems pretty limited. Looks like they are going to allow individual officer to purchase optics on the initial order, which should put the pricing in the $600-700 range.

For those of you have used the optic what if any problems have you found, and do you like it? Most important do you feel it's worth the money? Also I'm concerned about use in the rain and snow for the pictures it doesn't look like the housing provides much coverage/protection for the glass. How does the dot look when it gets wet?

Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast