Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you actually fired/drew a handgun in a CCW experience

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ^^^this sounds like the best answer without going into detail, thank you.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    It is very interesting to read the answers that have already been posted. I assume a larger agence would just issue another department pistol. Smaller agency, you may be left to provide your own replacement. The decent handguns I took to forensics for testing I noted condition, also had photos. Later when I picked them up, chain of custody, they appeared to have been drug up and down main st paved in cobblestone. They were beat to pieces. These are some more of the horror stories I was looking for.
    Thanks and please add more if you are able or feel comfortable.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    I drew my gun, but kept it out of sight in case I was wrong:

When at a stop, I like to put my truck into neutral when I'm on a flat surface and there are cars stopped behind me, this way I don't have to hold the brake down during long lights (pure laziness).

Well, I'm sitting there and I look in my rear view mirror to see some thuggish looking guy getting out of the passenger side of this old beat to shit Trans Am. He ducks down ever so slightly and quickly approaches my driver side door. I was slightly stereotyping, which didn't help since I was in a particularly bad area.

This guy briskly walks up to my door, still slightly ducked down, and taps on my window pretty hard. I thought I was getting car jacked. I pulled out my gun and kept it by the seat belt release... just in case.

"Excuse me sir, I think your brake lights went out, they were just on and I saw them disappear... just thought you should know. Have a nice day!"

And that's when I felt like an asshole.

I usually leave the area when I feel like I'm in a sketchy situation, I obviously had no place to go there, which is why I felt I needed to unholster. Lucky for me it was just a good sam.

Feedback Score
    Drew my gun and pointed it at guy (with crowbar) trying to break into my apartment back in 1997. Bad guy ran and I wasn't going to shoot him in the back or chase. Police called. Didn't even ask to see my gun. This was in Waco, TX and I was a CHL holder.

Feedback Score
    About 8 years ago...I was driving my second car (91 Volvo) and someone got irate at me while in traffic on a busy 4 lane street. Did I cut him off? Did I do something else to annoy him? I don't really know. All of a sudden this irate Arab man in his 40s was pulling up next to me and giving me the finger and screaming with his windows down.

I did not give him the finger back (...and was racking my brain as to what I actually did to piss him off) when at the next red light...he got out of his car and stood in front of my car...yelling and ranting and giving me the finger.

I just sat there and shrugged my shoulders which only seemed to make him more angry. I told myself that I was not going to pull the Glock 17 out from under the front seat..unless he went for my door handle or did something else drastic. I was hoping he was getting this out of his system and would go away in a minute. I was in a suit and tie and he was much bigger than I was...the last thing I wanted was to fist fight this moron...I had things to do and places to be.

Well, he began pounding on the hood of my car (my old Volvo was pristine and I cared about it) and it was then that I pulled out the Glock 17 and racked the slide and did not point it at him, but showed it to him.

Immediately, the guy raced to his car and turned into the parking lot right next to the road and sped away to the cross street.

I pulled into the convenience store parking lot about a block down, where a police car was sitting. Told the officer the whole story and gave him a description of the guy and a partial of his license plate. The cop never asked to see my pistol, nor did he take it. He filled out a report and took my info and asked to see my drivers license and CHL permit.

That was pretty much the end of it...I never heard back from the police.

Just showing someone a gun CAN prevent further crimes...i am living proof of that.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    About 8 years ago...I was driving my second car (91 Volvo) and someone got irate at me while in traffic on a busy 4 lane street. Did I cut him off? Did I do something else to annoy him? I don't really know. All of a sudden this irate Arab man in his 40s was pulling up next to me and giving me the finger and screaming with his windows down.

I did not give him the finger back (...and was racking my brain as to what I actually did to piss him off) when at the next red light...he got out of his car and stood in front of my car...yelling and ranting and giving me the finger.

I just sat there and shrugged my shoulders which only seemed to make him more angry. I told myself that I was not going to pull the Glock 17 out from under the front seat..unless he went for my door handle or did something else drastic. I was hoping he was getting this out of his system and would go away in a minute. I was in a suit and tie and he was much bigger than I was...the last thing I wanted was to fist fight this moron...I had things to do and places to be.

Well, he began pounding on the hood of my car (my old Volvo was pristine and I cared about it) and it was then that I pulled out the Glock 17 and racked the slide and did not point it at him, but showed it to him.

Immediately, the guy raced to his car and turned into the parking lot right next to the road and sped away to the cross street.

I pulled into the convenience store parking lot about a block down, where a police car was sitting. Told the officer the whole story and gave him a description of the guy and a partial of his license plate. The cop never asked to see my pistol, nor did he take it. He filled out a report and took my info and asked to see my drivers license and CHL permit.

That was pretty much the end of it...I never heard back from the police.

Just showing someone a gun CAN prevent further crimes...i am living proof of that.

-brickboy240
    Your lucky there's plenty of times I would have loved to do that but I'd get locked up
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Well...that is because I live in a free state.

Still..I was afraid that me telling the cop would get me in trouble for "brandishing" but I guess the cop saw that I was visibly shaken by the event and that I did not try to engage, exit the car or shoot the guy. Being a white guy in a suit and driving an old Volvo might have helped too LOL.

I just thought that I was not going to point it at him or shoot unless he was coming at me and kept a cool head.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Well...that is because I live in a free state.

Still..I was afraid that me telling the cop would get me in trouble for "brandishing" but I guess the cop saw that I was visibly shaken by the event and that I did not try to engage, exit the car or shoot the guy. Being a white guy in a suit and driving an old Volvo might have helped too LOL.

I just thought that I was not going to point it at him or shoot unless he was coming at me and kept a cool head.

-brickboy240
    Yeah I live in former free state
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    brickboy240, I was in a situation that your story reminds me of, but not all that similar.

One Saturday morning a few months ago, a guy right next to me on the highway was playing grab-ass with another car and apparently noticed me shaking my head slowly. He rolled down his window and started yelling in my direction and holding his middle finger up. He held that pose for a surprisingly long time and provoked nothing more than a slight Mona Lisa smile from me. That boy had to be on something.

I declined to draw the Glock 22 from its holster that is mounted under the steering column near my right knee. Didn't need it. Didn't need the G23 in my IWB holster, either. Nor the AK nor the AR in the back seat that I had been out shooting earlier in the morning.

The incident reminded me that even subtle reactions to stupidity can ignite and/or sustain rage. I as an often heavily armed person need be calm no matter what happens, short of an unprovoked attack on me. Live and let live.

Arab man in his 40s pounding on my car, well that could get interesting. There'd be a lot of adrenalin to manage.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    When someone gives me the finger on the road I give them the thumbs up and smile. It pisses them off way more than returning the gesture.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast