Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level 3 Serpa and Xiphos weapon light.

Feedback Score

Level 3 Serpa and Xiphos weapon light.

Does any one here have any experience (Especially other LE guys) with either of these two items. It seems that I am changing all of my gear around and now that we finally have the M&P .45 approved for duty use I am gonna need a new holster. I have the ALS 6360 for my M&P .40 but I am interested in this set up. Although I have heard that the Serpa finger system gets stuck when it is exposed to dirt and shit I am still intersted in whether or not its worth the coin.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=44H6&C=C1388

-DM-

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wouldnt touch the Xiphos with a 30' pole

Feedback Score
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=14404

Check out the Blade-Tech WRS. I love mine. You can get it for pretty much any gun/light combo you can think of.

Feedback Score
    I just found a old thread about it and I am going to stay away from it. I am better off just waiting till Safariland releases the 6360 that accepts a light, and getting the x300. I spoke to a sales rep about 20 mikes ago and she said that the 6360 that accepts the light will be available in about 3-4 months

-DM-

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SERPA's are worthless- the button will jam on you if you spend enough time training with it.
    I have heard about 30% of people say they like them. One, that's not enough, and two, most were guys that have no need for a holster other than range ops.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score

Xiphos

X200 and X300 are MUCH, MUCH better than the Xiphos.

Brighter, and better switching options.

Why handicap yourself with 2d rate equipment?

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Got to give a big +1 to everything said. I would rather not have a light on my pistol than have to go on duty with the Serpa. I have seen the release buttons fail and the holster ripped apart during training on several occasions.

On the other hand the Safariland 6360 is simply the best duty holster available today, IMHO. Tough, reliable, secure, and fast. They are already available for the 9/357/40 M&P's with lights, the 45 can't be far behind. If I were in your shoes, I would just wait.

I have no experience with the Xiphos, so I wont comment on that. I am interested in this guy though: http://www.insighttechgear.com/products-procyon.htm

You can't beat the Surefire X300 if you do not want to be a guinea pig

If you are interested in the Surefire I would contact Grant at http://www.gandrtactical.com and ask about the LEO discount. You will not be disappointed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 98z28 View Post
    On the other hand the Safariland 6360 is simply the best duty holster available today, IMHO. Tough, reliable, secure, and fast. They are already available for the 9/357/40 M&P's with lights, the 45 can't be far behind. If I were in your shoes, I would just wait.
    BIG +1

Dave Williams

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    SERPA's are worthless- the button will jam on you if you spend enough time training with it.
    I have heard about 30% of people say they like them. One, that's not enough, and two, most were guys that have no need for a holster other than range ops.
    I see SO many guys with those stupid holsters. I bought one without the retention button.... Just the plain old version. what junk. I should have just lit the cash on fire.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    I should have just lit the cash on fire.
    ...and pissed on the ashes.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast