Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Springfield's Long Beach Operator

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    290 is great for tightly fit and already assembled parts but it really has no "fill" ability. 262 is used for sloppy sight fits and also is recommended for plunger tube installs as well. I've used it for both with great success. In the dawson precision sight install video you can see just how thick it is, compared to 290 that's about the consistency of rubbing alcohol.

I surely wouldn't ditch the gun for an o/s sight cut, frustrating but there are fixes out there.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Update: I've had the gun back from DW for a little over a week now. I took it to a local smith and we re-loctitied using green loctite on it and applied it with a needle around the sight dovetail. I'll be taking it out this weekend to see if that works and solves my problem. If not we'll be re-sighting in the gun and then having a small hole drilled for the set screw to actually go into to hold it all in place.
    While the sight issue is unacceptable, fixing it would be ideal. Dan Wesson's are light years ahead of the TRP line in terms of both fitment/assembly as well as parts used (zero mim throughout). I have had both a full rail TRP as well as the short rail TRP and the barrel fitment was no where near what it is on a DW 1911. Not too mention other areas were sub par as well; the barrel had the most disparity though.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 11-18-14 at 13:07.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    While the sight issue is unacceptable, fixing it would be ideal. Dan Wesson's are light years ahead of the TRP line in terms of both fitment/assembly as well as parts used (zero mim throughout). I have had both a full rail TRP as well as the short rail TRP and the barrel fitment was no where near what it is on a DW 1911. Not too mention other areas were sub par as well; the barrel had the most disparity though.
    Agreed.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    To the OP, did you get the issue resolved?

Feedback Score
    I wasn't able to shoot as much as I had planned but so far the issue seems to be solved. Another couple hundred rounds this week with no issues and I'll formally declare it good to go.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    LBO looks like a nice duty gun. MC with different grips, spring, magwell, and pinned ejector.

My professional is coming soon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234