Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Barrier Blind Back Yard Ballistics

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Im guessing most of the fragments from the mk318 were lost. Did you see any evidence that it fragmented early on in jug #1? I know when I did some water jug testing with heavy OTMs there where little frag holes and even some fragments embedded in the wall of the 1st jug.
    Yes. Lots of frag pattern on several jugs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm a jug #3 kind of guy. I'd take the Gold Dots out of those choices. That damned Barnes penetrates too much huh?
    Can't argue with the gold dot as a choice but unless you're expecting a line of water bottles to attack, I'm sticking with the Barnes based on gel testing and first-hand accounts.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    Ws6 do you care if I add some loads. I wont have video, just pics. I will use the same format for the pics.

I have the jugs ready, and I was going to use barnes vortex 53 or 55, federal power shok 60gr partition, winchester power max bonded 64gr otm, federal vital shok 64 sp not bonded, speer 55 gold dot, and federal 62 fusion.

Im not sure I have enough jugs for all of them, but I should be able to get most of them. My jugs were used for chlorine, so they are a little thicker. As long as you dont mind I will take pics and post them sometime this weekend.
    Another good thread you might enjoy.. Trident has also tested more than a few really good designs https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ting-ammo-quot

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixgun_Symphony View Post
    Another good thread you might enjoy.. Trident has also tested more than a few really good designs https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ting-ammo-quot
    Yeah I have seen that.

I shot the loads today, I did not catch as many fragments as ws6. I think it was because I did my testing very close. The first jugs were obliterated, so nothing was left to capture the frags. I only tested factory loads.

Once I gather more jugs I will do hand loads. I will also do that one at 100 yards. I want to try the 75 amax, 50/62 ttsx, 62 trophy bonded bear claw, and the 64 bonded solid base.

I will get the pic hosted later tonight and post. I shot factory loadings with the 55tsx, 55gold dot, 60 partition, 62 fusion, and a generic 64 non bonded soft point.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Have any 75gr. Prvi's to test?

Feedback Score
    I'm in a Deerstand right now hoping to be able to use some MK 318.

I am tempted to watch the videos, but it will most certainly take my off the tree line for too long of a time!

MK 318 accuracy is not proving to be the best. And the zero I get from it is about 4 to 5 inches away at 100 yards from everything I'm using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post

I am tempted to watch the videos, but it will most certainly take my off the tree line for too long of a time!

MK 318 accuracy is not proving to be the best. And the zero I get from it is about 4 to 5 inches away at 100 yards from everything I'm using.

I'd be very interested in seeing the results of living tissue

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I really ****ed up my phone got dropped into the toilet, and it is done. Everything is lost I still have the expanded bullets I just need to get new pictures. Plus I forgot to test the one I was most interested in. The win power max bonded 64 otm. So im going to use garbage bags full of water in a box. I wont be able to give number of jusgs penetrated, but I will have a pic of the expanded bullet.

Sorry for the delay but I have all the notes I took typed just need to get new pics, and test the final round. I will do it tomorrow when I have some spare time. I just have to go to the back yard so I should have everything posted tomorrow.
    Last edited by jstone; 10-21-14 at 00:27.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post

I have the same results with mk318. Groups open up at 100 yards and always a few inches higher than everything else. I can only assume its because mk318 seems to be 100-200 fps faster in the same barrel than other ammo of the same wieght.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123