Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why have/build an AR pistol?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    When i post writeups on muzzle devices, i do get questions asking me how they perform on short barrels, so this allows me to try out different muzzle devices on short uppers. I'm in a non-SBR state. Up until pretty recently, I always thought AR pistols were 'bubba' toys, but the sig brace changed the way i viewed them as it allows them to be fired with decent accuracy and control. I'd still rather shoot a regular upper, as the pistol uppers have a lot of blast/concussion, but it's fun to try out different things at the range.

Here's my one of my pistol setups. That's the Thordsen buffer tube cover kit with CAA saddle on Vltor A5 tube. I think it looks better than the sig brace (which i also have on another lower) and works the same. OAL is 27" (without muzzle device) so the vert grip is legal to install. That's the Griffin Blast Shield beside it which fits over the muzzle device to direct blast/concussion forwards like the flaming pig - i haven't had a chance to try it out yet. It definitely has its niche, if you're not able to own a can to throw on a shorty.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CCK View Post
    In general I agree with you mark, but I'm not interested in letting sheriff joe or any other incompetent douche sometime in the future chose whether or not to sign my Form. And I'm certainly not paying them for the privilege.

Chris
    One reason to have a gun trust.
    I am a "Glock Operator" but I do not play one on TV.

Feedback Score
    If the atf goes through with 41P then the trusts will need to jump through the same hoops as a regular nfa purchase.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You can also cross state lines without notifying the ATF with the brace/pistol.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    But with Mr. Holder out of office, does that impact anything? Then again, the new person maybe be even worse...

I have a trust now, and I've been buying every NFA item I've been wanting when I can afford it

But the purpose of this thread was to ask about the appeal of building or having and AR pistol. I appreaciate everyone who's been responding. Keep the great comments flowing!
    I am a "Glock Operator" but I do not play one on TV.

Feedback Score
    Just look at what the free market is already doing with the Brace as we speak.
    It is almost exponential .. and functional ... AND legal
    The ATF can't stop it either, not without getting sued under the ADA and they know it too
    I'm sure it's driving them nuts but hey , they signed off on it and they own the consequences
    The public, as always, speaks loudest and the numbers will dwarf anything seen in the NFA market
    SBR, very shortly, will now stand for Sig Brace Rifle

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ever since this brace came out. Ive been wanting a pistol !!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    When i post writeups on muzzle devices, i do get questions asking me how they perform on short barrels, so this allows me to try out different muzzle devices on short uppers. I'm in a non-SBR state. Up until pretty recently, I always thought AR pistols were 'bubba' toys, but the sig brace changed the way i viewed them as it allows them to be fired with decent accuracy and control. I'd still rather shoot a regular upper, as the pistol uppers have a lot of blast/concussion, but it's fun to try out different things at the range.

Here's my one of my pistol setups. That's the Thordsen buffer tube cover kit with CAA saddle on Vltor A5 tube. I think it looks better than the sig brace (which i also have on another lower) and works the same. OAL is 27" (without muzzle device) so the vert grip is legal to install. That's the Griffin Blast Shield beside it which fits over the muzzle device to direct blast/concussion forwards like the flaming pig - i haven't had a chance to try it out yet. It definitely has its niche, if you're not able to own a can to throw on a shorty.
    Were you able to find that Thorsden buffer tube cover by itself or did you have to buy their stock along with it? If you were able to buy it separately, where did you get it? Been considering going the route you went as the normal pistol buffer tube just seems a bit to short.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't know if anyone has pointed this out, but if you don't want to run the brace a sling can be used to steady the shot and it works pretty well although you are limited in the number of positions where the technique will work. Unfortunately, I don't have an AR pistol, but I do have a couple M92 AK pistols. An AR pistol looks like a fun project..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalash9305 View Post
    ...I'm sure it's driving them nuts but hey , they signed off on it and they own the consequences...
    I don't think anyone at the ATF is losing any sleep over the Sig arm brace
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast