Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Why have/build an AR pistol?

Feedback Score
    The link above has letters from the atf, interesting option, surprised I've never seen it before.

Feedback Score
    I built mine using a BCM 12" light weight for one reason, I manage about 2000 acre's and spend a lot of time on a 4 wheeler. I use mine for thinning out the pig's and coyotes. It's nice because I can sling it across my chest, no reaching for the rifle on the rack, lay it across the handle bars for support.

Mine does have a sig brace but it see's very little use. But I am waiting on a stamp.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thank you MM, added them and the A5 tube and buffer to the Christmas list.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Compactness and usability are the main reasons I built one. I do intend to SBR in the future, but it is not on a priority at the moment (I'd rather get a can first).

The SB15 made it a very useful tool esp if you have a 10.5" or longer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    I've been pretty anti-AR pistol in the past. Still am. That said- I spent the money to finish out a lower as a pistol. It was PSA parts but even those cost money. I did this because Marty posted up the Shockwave Blade looking for beta testers. I was gonna put a pistol tube on a SBR but decided against it. I liked the look of the Blade over a Sig enough to give in and try out a pistol set-up. I spent a day running the Blade and ended up not as grumpy as I was when I started. General CQ using pistol as PDW was fine. Accuracy suffered on longer shots. I didn't like not having a real stock. It didn't shoulder right, it wasn't stable enough , it wasn't a stock. I threw the lower in my safe.

Fast forward a few weeks later & a buddy called. He built a 11.5 upper that is going on a pending lower. He asked if we could meet up so he could shoot his upper. I remembered the pistol lower in the safe and figured it would find a good home with him until he gets his stamp. We had a good time shooting and I offered to loan him the pistol lower. He declined. My point being-

-Pistol is not a 'Good enough' SBR. It is a Pistol. It may be as close as some can get to a SBR but it is your choice where you live.

-I willingly pay $200 to have a real stock

-Cross state line without permission...meh, couple weeks for paperwork or simply take a 16 incher

-Handy to have a pistol lower around? Sure, even thinking of building mine out to a super short 9mm (6 inch barrel or less) as a range toy.

-Get in a gun fight with a AR pistol or EDC it? No thanks.

-Keep a short upper occupied until you get your stamp? Sure, sounds like a good plan.

-Have one SBR'ed lower and multiple short uppers while being scared of the mystical non-existent 'Constructive Intent' raids so you have multiple pistol lowers as insurance (Geez, long sentence)? Whatever helps you sleep at night.

-Talk trash about real SBR's and how dumb people are for going that route? Don't justify your laziness to your buds as a smart move.

All that said:
    It's your life. Live it as you wish. Do what you want or makes better sense to you.
    I have both and besides a little extra weight and adjustability on the fly, as an HD weapon my AR pistol is as easy going as my SBR lower. When out doors not 100% equal to my SBR lower but 90% close. I can plug from point blank out to 300 yards with my 12" barreled pistol as easily as I can with my SBR. Going prone is a bit problematic but no imitation is perfect.
    Last edited by bigfeetz; 10-31-14 at 21:04.

Feedback Score
    SBRs are out of the question where I live. I was considering building an AR pistol out of curiosity and to satisfy my constant desire to build something different. Upon recently discovering the Sig brace, a pistol makes a little more sense. I'm not going to try to justify it by saying it will be a better HD option for me. My pistols are my "go to" for the foreseeable future, as that's what I train with more, and my rifles stay locked away. If I don't like it, I'll part it out and sell it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    In this instance for a tourniquet. In other instances to hold the sling.
    Tourniquet? Not one to judge, but.....

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by medic75 View Post
    Tourniquet? Not one to judge, but.....
    I'm pretty sure he means the rubber band is holding a tourniquet. Not that he is using the rubber band as a torniquet.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    I'm pretty sure he means the rubber band is holding a tourniquet. Not that he is using the rubber band as a torniquet.
    Lol I hope so.Guess we'll see if he replies.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast