Thread: Syrac Gen.II Gas Block Feedback And Fit Under DD Lite Rail II?

Feedback Score

Syrac Gen.II Gas Block Feedback And Fit Under DD Lite Rail II?

Anyone here know if a Syrac Ordnance Gen. II .750 Gas Block will fit under a Daniel Defense Lite Rail II? I'm putting together a build and would much prefer to use those components, but the DD rails are rather small on the I.D. The Lite II I.D. is listed by DD as 1.22", but also has gaps under each of the rails on the inside, so I'm thinking it may fit using the space under the top and bottom rails. I would much prefer to use the clamp-on block, but it extends a bit further on the bottom so I'm not sure of the fit. From my rough calculations in my head, I think either will fit but I'd feel a lot better if I had this confirmed.

Just wondering if anyone here has built this config, or for that matter has any feedback on the Syrac Gas Blocks. I'm pretty solid on the DD rails.

Here are a couple pics showing the dimensions of the Syrac Gen. II Gas Blocks for reference if someone has a Lite Rail mounted and can compare their gas block dimensions to these.

Syrac AR15 Gen. II .750in Adjustable LP Gas Block (Clamp On) Dwg.jpg Syrac AR15 Gen. II .750in Adjustable LP Gas Block (Set Screw) Dwg.jpg

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure but my SLR adjustable gas block will not fit under my DD lite III rail.

Feedback Score
    I'm running one (set screw version Gen II) under my Mk18 RIS II and it fits just fine. The RIS II has a listed I.D. of 1.15". A clamping version would actually fit with the RIS II as there is a cutout in the rail where the gas block sits. I don't know if this is the same with a LiteRail II.
    Last edited by thecolter; 10-30-14 at 13:06.

Feedback Score
    Thanks colter, that tells me what I needed to know. The Lite Rail I & II have I.D.s of 1.22", the Lite III is only 1.08"

So I should be golden putting a Gen. II Block under a Lite II.

Much appreciated!

Feedback Score
    Post results!

And would anyone know about the SLR with the same rail ?
    Last edited by JG007; 11-02-14 at 11:47. Reason: Spl

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Not to hijack, but maybe we can turn this into a "Syrac fits XX rail thread"?

I am looking at running a Syrac Gen2 on a Sionics barrel underneath a 10"KMR or a 10" Centurion C4 rail. Does anyone know if this will fit?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Post results!

And would anyone know about the SLR with the same rail ?
    After looking at SLR's site, I would tend to say that an SLR would fit under a Lite or Lite II. As for a Lite III, I am doubtful and another user posted above that his SLR wouldn't fit under a Lite III.

Caveat: I do not have an SLR block here to mic, I am going by the 3 dims they provide on a drawing on their website so I may be wrong.

I will def throw some pics up when I finish it up. Waiting on a cpl items to come back in stock, or (more likely) starting to get impatient and gonna find other means so I can get this DONE!
    Last edited by bshady; 11-06-14 at 23:29.

Feedback Score
    DELETED
    Last edited by bshady; 11-08-14 at 19:52.

Feedback Score

Topic Expands

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Not to hijack, but maybe we can turn this into a "Syrac fits XX rail thread"?

I am looking at running a Syrac Gen2 on a Sionics barrel underneath a 10"KMR or a 10" Centurion C4 rail. Does anyone know if this will fit?
    Relax Eurodriver, if you were attempting to hijack this thread you'd better be really well armed. Comments and questions regarding the Syrac Gas Blocks are welcome here. Details of your setup, especially with pics, are also encouraged. Any Tips & Tricks or other useful tidbits concerning installation, tuning, maintenance, etc. of these GBs are thoroughly welcomed. Share the wealth, fellas.

As for my friend Eurodriver, I am told by Jason Adams of Syrac Ordnance that the .750" Gen. II (screw or clamp) will fit under a Centurion C4 rail. The Gen. II should have no problem fitting inside a 10" KMR (BCM, I assume) since the KMR I.D. is 1.3". Gen. I Blocks look like they may be a different story, especially the clamp-on - so that's your risk to run.
    Last edited by bshady; 11-09-14 at 00:49. Reason: Add another compatible rail system