Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VLTOR A5 on SBR

Feedback Score

VLTOR A5 on SBR

For a BCM 11.5 that will use a 556 saker part time

1) with the vltor A5 6 position AR10 tube, is the 6.8oz H3 the right choice?

2) after I dial that in, will trying the LMT carrier change anything?

thanks

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    1) My Centurion 11.5 runs the A5H3 with and without a Gem-Tech Halo just fine. My BCM 14.5 middy runs the A5H3 100% suppressed and unsuppressed as well. I have only used 5.56 pressure ammo. The lowest pressure ammo I think they have seen is some mid 90's Radway Green and honestly thinking back I'm not even sure that it's under powered, but I seem to recall it being in-between for one reason or another. The A5 is a very forgiving system.

2) No clue - no experience.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The A5H3 isn't a bad starting point - the LMT carrier (I'm assuming the enhanced one) WILL change stuff, but I haven't ran that exact combo (and I'm running an oddball dedicated suppressed upper anyway). Between Mark/Pappabear and Grant (C4i) you might have some answers, I'd use the site search to see if any of them have something close to what you're describing.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'd start with the std A5H2 and go from there.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm not sure what all the fuss is about... I run an LMT 10.5" MRP CQB upper on a Noveske Chainsaw lower, 95% of the time with an M4-2000 Mod 8. I run it with a standard Carbine Buffer and standard spring and I've never has a single problem with the gun. It even uses the stock semi BCG from LMT that came with the upper....

I've never once had a single Bolt Override, Double Feed, Failure to Extract, Short Stroke or any malfunction whatsoever... and I run a mix of shitty steel Tula ammo all the way up to Lake City M855...

Recoil on my gun is nothing to be scared of and I've put close to 4000 rounds through it with no signs of excess stress or strain on any part of the gun...

so why the need for enhanced carriers and new buffer/spring combos? am I missing something here? or are people chasing a solution for a problem that isn't there?

When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagans Rascals View Post
    I'm not sure what all the fuss is about... I run an LMT 10.5" MRP CQB upper on a Noveske Chainsaw lower, 95% of the time with an M4-2000 Mod 8. I run it with a standard Carbine Buffer and standard spring and I've never has a single problem with the gun. It even uses the stock semi BCG from LMT that came with the upper....

I've never once had a single Bolt Override, Double Feed, Failure to Extract, Short Stroke or any malfunction whatsoever... and I run a mix of shitty steel Tula ammo all the way up to Lake City M855...

Recoil on my gun is nothing to be scared of and I've put close to 4000 rounds through it with no signs of excess stress or strain on any part of the gun...

so why the need for enhanced carriers and new buffer/spring combos? am I missing something here? or are people chasing a solution for a problem that isn't there?.
    You are nuts!!! I just went through this with Pappabear. He got an LMT complete lower and put it under a 10.5.... That sucker WILL RUN... but holy smokes is it a beast.

He put an H3 buffer in and pulled that CAR buffer.... MUCH more enjoyable to shoot. JUST TRY IT OUT!!! You might be surprised.

There are almost NO ARs out there that run optimally on the CAR buffer. Your gun will almost certainly run smoother... I know you're not breaking any parts on your gun, but you'd be enjoying the weapon so much more with an appropriate buffer.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    You are nuts!!! I just went through this with Pappabear. He got an LMT complete lower and put it under a 10.5.... That sucker WILL RUN... but holy smokes is it a beast.

He put an H3 buffer in and pulled that CAR buffer.... MUCH more enjoyable to shoot. JUST TRY IT OUT!!! You might be surprised.

There are almost NO ARs out there that run optimally on the CAR buffer. Your gun will almost certainly run smoother... I know you're not breaking any parts on your gun, but you'd be enjoying the weapon so much more with an appropriate buffer.
    well with that carrier velocity, he probably is going to break parts prematurely. being a quality brand, it will last i'm sure, but longer with at least an h2!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t15 View Post
    well with that carrier velocity, he probably is going to break parts prematurely. being a quality brand, it will last i'm sure, but longer with at least an h2!
    I'm telling you!... WOW. We shoot A LOT of different ARs, and that LMT with a CAR buffer stood out like a sore thumb as far as bucking the shooter.

I popped that sucker open and couldn't believe there was a CAR buffer in it. Sometimes LMT is out of touch.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm man enough to admit that you may be right. It may be something I'll look into if it does provide that much of a difference... its just never bothered me so chalk it up to ignorance is bliss I suppose... you don't miss what you've never had...
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm telling you!... WOW. We shoot A LOT of different ARs, and that LMT with a CAR buffer stood out like a sore thumb as far as bucking the shooter.

I popped that sucker open and couldn't believe there was a CAR buffer in it. Sometimes LMT is out of touch.
    Yeah, the only AR15 I've shot that ran properly with a CAR buffer was an early KAC SR15.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast