Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VLTOR A5 on SBR

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagans Rascals View Post
    I'm man enough to admit that you may be right. It may be something I'll look into if it does provide that much of a difference... its just never bothered me so chalk it up to ignorance is bliss I suppose... you don't miss what you've never had...
    It's something cheap to try... and you may get blow away at how much smoother your gun can run.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    where can I find just the tube, spring and buffer at? VLTOR is sold out and I don't need a new stock...

Is running an H4 too much?

check that... I guess I can piece it together from VLTOR... I'm gonna pick one up today and give it a go.
    Last edited by Reagans Rascals; 10-17-14 at 11:30.
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagans Rascals View Post
    where can I find just the tube, spring and buffer at? VLTOR is sold out and I don't need a new stock...

Is running an H4 too much?
    Check Bravo, Brownells, Rogtac, etc.... Bravo sells the kit with NO stock, but I'm not sure if they're in stock.

H4 might work great with the can installed, but might be a touch heavy without. H3 (-3) is likely the safest bet. I run that on my 10.5 FN shorty.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just purchased the A5 tube, M16 spring and the H3 buffer from VLTOR...$125.91 shipped 3-day select... so I guess you convinced me
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    So if he's getting an A5 then is his question the same as my original? Vltor 6.8oz H3?

*I also got the springco spring, from recommendations here iirc
    Last edited by JG007; 10-17-14 at 11:42. Reason: Spring

Feedback Score
    From the original post; AR10 tube?

I have an A5 with H3 on a 10.5" switchblock upper with a SF FA556-212 can. It runs smooth, doesn't buck and has never malfunctioned.
    Last edited by Zuppamon; 10-17-14 at 11:53.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    From the post above markm says go with an H3 if you plan to run suppressed and unsuppressed... so Im just taking his word for it and starting with the H3... I may pick up the H4 later on down the road just to see what kinda difference it'll make...

the H3 is the 6.08 buffer... the H4 is the 6.83 buffer

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    So if he's getting an A5 then is his question the same as my original? Vltor 6.8oz H3?

There's really no need to get a special spring. I have a Sprinco in one of my rifles and a regular A5 rifle length spring in the others. I actually prefer the standard A5 rifle length springs over the Sprinco... it feels a lot smoother to me.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post

I just took mine out for the first time a few days ago. It's EXACTLY the setup you describe. Vltor A5 (original 7 position tube) with Sprinco green spring and A5H3 buffer, BCM 11.5" upper, BCM BCG, and Saker 556. I started with some Federal XM855 unsuppressed to sight in with and had no issues. After getting that taken care of I added the Saker and started testing for POI shift (at 50 yards). POI shift was very minimal at this distance and I did note a slight change in ejection pattern in that the brass was landing further forward after I added the suppressor. I was getting some gas to the face, which seemed inconsistent at times. Sometimes I barely noticed it and other times it seemed quite strong. Admittedly, I don't have a basis of comparison on this, though, as this is my first suppressor. My groups got a little smaller with the suppressor added. Overall the rifle ran very well. I never had any malfunctions. I even ran a magazine of Wolf steel cased ammo through just to see what happened and I didn't have any malfunctions what that either. And in case anyone cares, the rifle was lubed with Fireclean and has a Magpul BAD on it.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    good to hear,

other than the LMT carrier, I might try the PVC trick

originally I was leaning towards an adj gas block, but now im thinking I will use it as is for a while

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast