Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VLTOR A5 on SBR

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    good to hear,

other than the LMT carrier, I might try the PVC trick

originally I was leaning towards an adj gas block, but now im thinking I will use it as is for a while
    Yeah I'm starting to flirt with the idea of an adjustable gas block also. I'm going to shoot it some more like it is before I make any final decision though. I may also try the gasket trick and see how well that works out for me.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
    I might try the PVC trick
    would an ultra-sonic cleaner work? I've been thinking about getting one myself to throw my 762sdn6 and m4-2000 into, maybe a bcg or two as well... use a good carbon cutter/degreaser

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...1388_200521388
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    My 12.5 and 11.5 both run enhanced carriers, Vltor A5H4 buffers and green Sprinco spring. Function 100% with and without AAC M4-2000 suppressor.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Reagans-
    I believe they are referring to the RTV silicone application to the charging handle
    Last edited by Cap'n Crash; 10-17-14 at 13:47. Reason: clarity

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagans Rascals View Post
    would an ultra-sonic cleaner work? I've been thinking about getting one myself to throw my 762sdn6 and m4-2000 into, maybe a bcg or two as well... use a good carbon cutter/degreaser

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...1388_200521388
    I know some people use ultrasonic cleaners to clean their BCGs and other small parts. I'm not sure about putting a suppressor in one though. How well would the ultrasonic cleaner work inside the can? Would residual cleaning fluid trapped inside the can be an issue, whether performance, safety, or otherwise? Would carbon deposits that are broken loose inside the can then be loose to rattle around inside it or would you be able to shake them out?

With regard to the PVC trick that you quoted from JG007, I think (and I hate to speak for someone else) he's referring to this where people use RTV silicon to fill the space between the charging handle and upper receiver to block some of the gas blown back into your face when shooting suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    My 12.5 and 11.5 both run enhanced carriers, Vltor A5H4 buffers and green Sprinco spring. Function 100% with and without AAC M4-2000 suppressor.
    Is there a noticeable difference between the enhanced carrier and a standard carrier? Does it reduce recoil, gas to the face, slow down the carrier, or have some other effect I'm overlooking?
    Last edited by SteveL; 10-17-14 at 13:53.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Is there a noticeable difference between the enhanced carrier and a standard carrier? Does it reduce recoil, gas to the face, slow down the carrier, or have some other effect I'm overlooking?
    The enhanced carrier vents more gas than a std. carrier. I believe there are some differences in the gas chamber dimensions as well but that is the main feature.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not to derail the thread, I'm trying to remeber guys, so help me out. You can run the A5 on the 308/AR-10 platform?
    "You cannot play fair with people who don't care if you get wiped off the map. You don't have to hate everyone who isn't part of your tribe, but it is foolish to keep caring about people who don't care about you."
    Speech at the second National Policy Institute conference, December 26, 2013.

See you soon, AC.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    The enhanced carrier vents more gas than a std. carrier. I believe there are some differences in the gas chamber dimensions as well but that is the main feature.
    I'm familiar with the basics of what it does. I'm just curious if you can actually see any differences (benefits) in real world use between an enhanced carrier vs. a regular one.

Quote Originally Posted by fixit69 View Post
    Not to derail the thread, I'm trying to remeber guys, so help me out. You can run the A5 on the 308/AR-10 platform?
    No. From the A5 FAQs on Vltor's website:

3. Will the A5 system work on my .308 platform?

The A5 system is not compatible with the .308 platform.
    Last edited by SteveL; 10-17-14 at 14:49.
    Steve

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks, senility creeping in.
    "You cannot play fair with people who don't care if you get wiped off the map. You don't have to hate everyone who isn't part of your tribe, but it is foolish to keep caring about people who don't care about you."
    Speech at the second National Policy Institute conference, December 26, 2013.

See you soon, AC.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    I'm familiar with the basics of what it does. I'm just curious if you can actually see any differences (benefits) in real world use between an enhanced carrier vs. a regular one.

No. From the A5 FAQs on Vltor's website:
    I was able to go up a weight in the buffer when I switched to the enhanced carrier.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast