Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.45 x 39 AR

Feedback Score
    I have a lot of experience using 10rd Pmags, gen M3 I think. At first they'd only hold 9 but eventually they loosened up and hold 10. I haven't had any feed problems with them. Windowed M3 Pmags seem to work well, but for some reason the non-window ones don't. I trimmed the front of the follower, and it seems to work well to around 25rd.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Take the mags apart and take a small file or emery board to the followers. Smooth out any rough edges or sharp angles. Put the mags back together and take a yard stick or other long instrument to compress the follower on the spring a few dozen times. You should experience no hang ups. If this is the case try out the mag and see if that helps. Once I do this on my 5.45 mags I have no issues.

Feedback Score
    I have some older C Products, not ASC, mags. I want to say they're at least 6 or 7 years old. Pretty much always had some issues with a few of them. I have knocked the corners off as listed above but still actually broke the back end off one of the followers trying to cycle it as described above.

Mine are finished in a shiny black teflon over stainless, inside and out. I was sure there would be something inside of the bodies but they're all seriously slick and smooth. I've had problems with the springs simply not having enough force to feed the last 4 - 5 rounds or the follower just getting stuck inside the body. I don't think any of them will drop free from the rifle either. I think at one time there may have been issues with the mag finish, maybe that's what I have.

The stock springs didn't have very many cycles on them but I've replaced them with Wolff AK74 springs cut in half. I finally have them all numbered to sort through them. I figure with the end of 7N6 we won't be seeing anybody else jumping into the mag business, got to find what works for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12