Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have an Unused Noveske Gen 2 Receiver

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Have an Unused Noveske Gen 2 Receiver

I purchased several extra receivers right before the last shortage, in preparation for any legislation that might have come through. One of the receivers is a Noveske Gen 2 that I never did anything with, so it's sat in the safe for the last two years.

Fast forward, the Gen 3's seem to have completely replaced the Gen 2's and the Gen 2's apparently had some issues with Surefire mags. Are there any advantages to selling the Gen 2 and going to a Gen 3? Or are the Gen 2's still good to go?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Gen 2 is forged. Many would rather have the 2 than 3.
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'd prefer a gen2 over a 3 for the above stated reason.

I have a Noveske 18" spr barrel in a Vltor VIS I always wanted a Gen 2 chainsaw for. I waited and have now lost out.

Keep it and enjoy it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Give ME that POS Gen 2!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I believe that it was only the early iteration of the Gen 2 that had problems with mags. Yours should be fine.

I'd also take a Gen 2 over a 3.

Feedback Score
    My Gen 2, purchased in June of 2013 does not take the Surefire mags. Still an excellent lower, just build it into something that doesn't need 60 or 100 round mags.
    USMC 2011-Present

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    None of the Gen2's accept Surefire mags... the early ones had tight magwells with certain magazines (Pmags mainly). I'm not too sure when they corrected this issue, but my Gen2's S/N is in the late 8,000's and it drops everything just fine.

Keep the Gen2. I wouldn't pay what they want for a Gen3 anyways.
    Last edited by Onyx Z; 10-17-14 at 19:53.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    If you have any SF mags, then send it to me for disposal, and buy Gen3's? I stacked the Gen2's in chainsaw form, and I'm unbelievably happy with them. I wish I had more. (Realistically, wish I had gotten 4 instead of 3). I prefer forged, since I'm SBR'ing all but one of them the value delta for them being blemished is of no consequence... there was nothing about those I don't love. They're a bit picky about which MUR upper really locks well, but after playing musical lowers I have upper/lower fit to make barfcom tards wet themselves, but still comfortably break down.
    You can sell it for most of the value of a GenIII, but unless you want a different lower badly, I'd just build up the Gen2 or continue to sit on it until you have such a good idea that nobody on the interweb will be able to dissuade you.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    I have both ... and both are GTG

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Is there really anything that says that a forged lower is so much better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast