Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Have an Unused Noveske Gen 2 Receiver

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    When I bought my Gen 2 in 2012 they were going for around $250-260, so that doesn't sound too bad. Ended up with a chainsaw for $220 since it showed up in stock first, but the pivot pin hole drilled out of spec, Noveske replaced it with a non-chainsaw after checking it out, so slight hassle but it worked out in the end.
    Wow, good for you. Noveske took care of you.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have a gen 1 now, in addition to the gen 2 I've had for a while now. I have the gen 2 built up into a semi-precision Recce 16" rifle, and it has been great. I don't use surefire mags so no issue for me.

I wish I had bought a few of the chainsaw lowers for future builds when they were available, since I am going to SBR the gen 1 lower soon.

Tapatalk'd

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    They ALL start life as a forging, guys...

-------------------------------------
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep."
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I wish I could get my hands on some Gen 2's. I only have 1 unfortunately.

Feedback Score

Have an Unused Noveske Gen 2 Receiver

If you had a chance to but a GEN2 would you get it Or billet Gen3 ??

I can get the one in these pics that's built for $550 and I'm sure it's the Gen2

These are the parts it's built with

Noveske N4 Lower
    Armalite LPK
    Geissele SSA-E FCG
    BAD ASS Ambi Safety
    Billet Mag Release
    Magpul MIAD
    No stock for $550
    Has never been used

I'm thinking about getting this or buy a new Noveske lower because I hear they match very well with BCM uppers ?

Can anyone tell me witch lower this is
    I was told a N4 and it's 3yrs old . It's not chainsaw is it . GEN2 . ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446081718.351975.jpg

I think it's the Gen2 forged by looking at the mag release fence goes on down and on the gen 3 mag release fence it stops at the bottom of the release
    Here is a pic of the gen 3 showing what I think is right ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446082192.409351.jpg
    Sent from my rocket ship using

And another pic of the
    Gen2
    My cell'yImageUploadedByTapatalk1446081465.884644.jpg
    Last edited by bigjack7440; 10-28-15 at 20:47.

Feedback Score
    215 (100%)
    Certainly looks to be a gen 2. You won't know if it's a chainsaw unless you can get a look at the underside of the trigger guard. That's where the chainsaw logo would be. Nothing wrong with the chainsaw. I have a couple myself and the flaws are almost impossible to find.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjack7440 View Post
    Can anyone tell me witch lower this is
    I was told a N4 and it's 3yrs old . It's not chainsaw is it . GEN2 . ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446081718.351975.jpg
    You are correct. The Gen 2 has the extra little ridge extending downward from the area around the mag release that is missing on the Gen 3. The photo above is of a Gen 2 Lower.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wigbones View Post
    Certainly looks to be a gen 2. You won't know if it's a chainsaw unless you can get a look at the underside of the trigger guard. That's where the chainsaw logo would be. Nothing wrong with the chainsaw. I have a couple myself and the flaws are almost impossible to find.
    My Gen 2 Chainsaw is not flawless...because I use it. I have no idea if there were blemishes before I put my first scratch into it while building it up. My rifles are tools, not models. The lower is functionally sound and is paired up just fine with a gen 3 upper. I read about the finish on the two generations not matching well and thought about cerakoting the lower to match the upper...then I remembered its a tool...and it works just fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gearedforacure View Post
    My Gen 2 Chainsaw is not flawless...because I use it. I have no idea if there were blemishes before I put my first scratch into it while building it up. My rifles are tools, not models. The lower is functionally sound and is paired up just fine with a gen 3 upper. I read about the finish on the two generations not matching well and thought about cerakoting the lower to match the upper...then I remembered its a tool...and it works just fine.
    That's my thinking as well . It isn't a chainsaw and from what I understand most operators prefer the forged gen2 to the billet gen3 ??!!. Reason I've asked was as mentioned I found one built with bad 90* safety , ssa-e , billet mag release and a Magpul grip and I forgot what the lower parts kit was but if I remember correctly it was a namebrand kit. It's new and he's asking $550 . I also hear that these Noveske lowers match up very well with the BCM UPPER I just ordered and that's why I'm asking about this. I hear these lowers have a Better fit ( tight ) than the BCM lower or just as good as the bcm lower ?? Would any of you operators have any experience with a Novesks lower and a BCM upper?
    Thanks

Feedback Score

Have an Unused Noveske Gen 2 Receiver

Does anyone know the difference in the 2 as far as how much they weigh?
    The goal is to try to build this weapon for my son under 6 pounds and I need to save as much weight as I can and if using a billet Lower would help me achieve that goal that's what I want to do

Sent from my rocket ship using
    My cell'y
    Last edited by bigjack7440; 10-29-15 at 05:51.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast