Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New AimpointŪ Carbine Optic (ACO)!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Poor form on Aimpoint's part if this pans out the way Grant predicts.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock22 View Post
    I'm going to have to answer your question with a question: Releasing a new inferior product and then raising the price on their current cheap but far from inferior optic doesn't sound like BS to you?
    Seems like standard model of biz to me: Everything in the line up gets bumped up, and a new cheaper sku is add to the line up, and the process repeats as the market allows. I'd expect the Pro has sold well for them at that price point and this new model will take the place of the Pro as their budget optic.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    So moral of the story is if you want a Pro you should buy it before the end of the year
    This is the case with Trijicon and Aimpoint EVERY YEAR.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock22 View Post
    Poor form on Aimpoint's part if this pans out the way Grant predicts.
    Not in the least. They are trying to produce a SUPER entry level product with no NV and 1 year battery life. Then, you have have another level up (PRO), then another level up (H1), then another level (T1) and then the T2.
    I am also hoping that they make a larger spread between the H1 and T1 (lower the cost of the H1) so that it would be more affordable to people.

We shall see.

C4

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The PRO has been the best bang for your dollar for what now, 3 years or so? Came out at $400 MSRP and is now $416. Definitely is an inflation beater. Yes, we all know you can get them at least 10% off at certain times of the year. If Aimpoint raises the price of the PRO 10% in order to maintain an acceptable profit margin, so be it. It would still be a good deal on a quality RDS. Bringing out the ACO kind of reminds me of Colt's "entry level" 6900 fiasco. People just didn't buy into it. The PRO has developed a great reputation and following. Pretty much the one to be recommended to prospective first time buyers. Would hate to see Aimpoint take it off the commercial market in order to boost sales on a "barebones" RDS.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    The PRO has been the best bang for your dollar for what now, 3 years or so? Came out at $400 MSRP and is now $416. Definitely is an inflation beater. Yes, we all know you can get them at least 10% off at certain times of the year. If Aimpoint raises the price of the PRO 10% in order to maintain an acceptable profit margin, so be it. It would still be a good deal on a quality RDS. Bringing out the ACO kind of reminds me of Colt's "entry level" 6900 fiasco. People just didn't buy into it. The PRO has developed a great reputation and following. Pretty much the one to be recommended to prospective first time buyers. Would hate to see Aimpoint take it off the commercial market in order to boost sales on a "barebones" RDS.
    When the PRO was originally released, only the .Gov Aimpoint dealers had it (and yes Civy's could get their hands on them). When they made it available to the commercial side, all the dealers tried to see who could sell the PRO for their cost the fastest. This in turn caused .Gov dealers to NOT stock this optic any more (or very few of them). This was counterproductive because the PRO was meant to give LE an optic they could afford and already mounted (read no assembly required). So I think this change will be a good thing (overall). Time will tell....

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seriously, just loose the mount, give us the flip caps on the PRO and drop the MSRP down $50. That way dealers can offer this for under $300. Good concept I just feel like they're approaching it the wrong way.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Livefreeordie92 View Post
    Seriously, just loose the mount, give us the flip caps on the PRO and drop the MSRP down $50. That way dealers can offer this for under $300. Good concept I just feel like they're approaching it the wrong way.
    Agree 100%. I had two PROs.... sold them both because the Aimpoint mount wouldn't hold tight for even an afternoon of shooting, and once you replace the mount you have paid as much as or more than a CompML2, maybe ML3. (I still have my ML3 in an ADM mount that I bought from Grant before the PRO came out.)

If they sold this without a mount, you could get a decent mount of your choice and not be stuck paying for their mediocre mount.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Agree 100%. I had two PROs.... sold them both because the Aimpoint mount wouldn't hold tight for even an afternoon of shooting, and once you replace the mount you have paid as much as or more than a CompML2, maybe ML3. (I still have my ML3 in an ADM mount that I bought from Grant before the PRO came out.)

If they sold this without a mount, you could get a decent mount of your choice and not be stuck paying for their mediocre mount.
    I agree w/ you guys but I feel like when the PRO was first release part of its (marketing) appeal was it was an optic ready to mount right out of the box.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post

Yep. Not a fan of the QRP Or the QRP2 mounts. I'd take a $50 Burris AR-TER any day haha. But for $380 with an ADM mount? That's a no brainer.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast