Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Project: The M16 PDW & The Home Depot Discreet Case

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Project: The M16 PDW & The Home Depot Discreet Case

I found out about the LAW Tactical® AR Folding Stock Adapter on the interwebs and had to have one. I went to their website and found they were in the middle of changing over production from GEN 2 to GEN 3… and it would be several months before I was able to get one. Since M16’s are the LEGOs of the NFA world, I had to add it to the toy box of “extras” I have gathered up in the last 12 years. It is a work of art, IMO. Go to www.lawtactical.com for a video that explains it better than I can.

So now that I have made up a PDW with a 6” Sun Devil Billet upper, MOE FDE livery, C-More Railway, and the LAW Tactical Folder Adapter (for a 17” -OAL folded- PDW)… what to carry it in?! I could find an Assault Systems type tactical case to keep it in, but that would be too easy. I wanted discreet. I looked at brief cases, tennis racket cases (actually too long), music instrument cases (mostly too expensive)… and tool boxes. Most tool boxes are made for expensive tool lines (i.e. SnapOn) and are not only expensive but even more prone to theft. That was until I went to HD!

For the princely sum of $8.95 (not including tax) the 19” Homer Box was PERFECT for the job.

Here is my proof:

The LAW Tactical GEN 3 “Hinge”:

The PDW: (5.56… but other calibers optional)

And the Discreet HD Case:

Last edited by TriggerFish; 10-17-14 at 16:07.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Wow that is a short barrel! How is the concussion, especially with that muzzle device?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    "Ears" are required! That comp however is fantastic. 0.0 muzzle rise.

Feedback Score
    wow that looks slick

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Nice project. Stealth isn't just for aircraft.

I have a Winchester Model 12 shotgun that neatly disassembles into two pieces. It fits into a diaper bag. Nothing says innocuous like Grandpa visiting the kiddos.

I'm building a pistol AR, and like you, am going to use a Gen 3 LAW Tactical adapter to make it even more discreet. Some of the sling bags and messenger bags are also worth a look, you might check into those as well.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Bill,
    Here is my stealth case :-)

I've since replaced the optics, rail and vfg.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sam, great minds think alike. I have been hiding my SBR AK in a Prince bag for some time. Talk about "camo"!

And the M92 has progressed...
    Last edited by TriggerFish; 10-18-14 at 00:13.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Holy shit!! That has got to be THE shortest barrel I have ever seen on an AR. That looks even shorter than most MP5's. Is that a pistol length gas system, or a proprietary length? Also, is this 5.56 or .300 BLK?

Just curious.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Pretty sweet!

So the bcg travels through the opening? But it locks in place when in the stock is in a folded position ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elnino31 View Post
    Pretty sweet!

So the bcg travels through the opening? But it locks in place when in the stock is in a folded position ?
    Look at the 2nd picture. At the bottom is the BCG extension. One end (with the "O" rings) is inserted into the back end of the BCG. The added length makes up for the closed hinge depth, so the buffer face to BCG is the same as stock.

LAW Tactical “Hinge” open (BCG extension shown at bottom):

“Hinge” closed (Adds 1.3125” to OAL):
    Last edited by TriggerFish; 10-18-14 at 12:48.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast