Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carbonite BCG - verdict?

Feedback Score

Carbonite BCG - verdict?

So far, I've been able to resist the temptation of going with the slick finishes on a BCG (NP3, NIB, Black Nitride, etc.) - and simply sticking with a well lubed BCM BCG.

However, I've come across a Carbonite "finish" - really a process - where it is super hard and slick, that can't chip or flake off.

As I value the input of the members here on this forum, I'm curious what your experience and opinions are on Carbonite.

Thanks in advance.
    No...I'm not crazy - and neither AM I !! Next question!!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Isn't that the shit they froze Han Solo in??

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    yes! lol. I was going to say it, but you're already on it, sevin8nin. "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." (Han Solo).
    carry on...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The first thing that went through my mind.

star_wars_motivational_poster_13.jpg
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Had never heard of that treatment/finish before so I looked it up. Looks pretty nifty on paper, not sure how it is as far as real life use. Worth a shot do you think?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    "some snake oil with your rifle sir ?" .....
    "I pity thou, fools who dost not choose BCM" - King Arthur 517 A.D.

.OlllllllO.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    "Carbonite" is a trademarked name for a special finish developed and promoted by Leitner-Wise Mfg.

Yes, that Paul Leitner-Wise... the former owner of Leitner-Wise Manufacturing Company (LWRC) before he sold it and it was renamed Land Warfare Resources Corp.

I don't know if it's a gimmick or not and I have never seen or used one, so I don't really have a right to say anything about it. Here's a website with more info:
    http://www.leitner-wise.com/products...-carrier-group

Feedback Score
    LOL! I thought carbonite would have the black finish like, I dunno, CARBON does. Watched the video at the bottom of justin247's link and at first I thought it was the black one!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Somebody help me out? What did Paul Leitner-Wise do that makes him such a universally disliked dingleberry? I just can't find exactly what he did? I know most here hate LWRC, is it just because he started that company?
    Appeasement is never the answer in the face of naked aggression.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Evidently, Paul Leitner-Wise was caught lying and acting in an unethical manner, although this was long before I was a member here. There are also reports of LWRC employees (and Mr. Leitner-Wise) spamming here and at TOS. I would be very careful about dealing with them.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast