Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sold the Bushie, bought an LE6920MP-B

Feedback Score

Sold the Bushie, bought an LE6920MP-B

Howdy folks, 1st post & intro. I'm a 53 year old Retired Marine 2111. I fixed and shot Colts for 20 years. I didn't even want to own a black rifle until 8-9 years after I retired. My Boss sold me a really early Bushmaster for a super low price when they were fetching stupid money. I kept it for a few years and sold it to a gun shop for $1200. I made out like a bandit on both ends. I decided I wanted another so I picked up a new Bushmaster for $601 after rebate. M4A3 Patrolman. The first Bushie shot so well I said what the heck - HOWEVER I got all mushy thinking about the old days and started pricing 6920s. I saw grabagun selling them with about $100 worth of Magpul junk on them for $875. WTH, I see Oly's for more money! I called to make damn sure they were in stock and now I have one on the way. I sold the brand spanking new Bushie to my boss for $650. Cost me only $225 to get something I know is better. It's a simple rifle and I'll likely just put a light on it unless my Wife buys me a good optic...

Steve

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I believe you made a solid choice! enjoy!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You made a great choice,enjoy it!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Welcome to the forum, you'll fit right in.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You did it by the numbers and have a great rifle. Go buy ammo and mags now and blast away...
    "You cannot play fair with people who don't care if you get wiped off the map. You don't have to hate everyone who isn't part of your tribe, but it is foolish to keep caring about people who don't care about you."
    Speech at the second National Policy Institute conference, December 26, 2013.

See you soon, AC.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Excellent choice.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've been surprised how the price of the Colts have come down in the past 6 months. That, in addition to the price of BCM uppers (with the free BCG too!), there really is no reason to go with a sub-quality gun. There is so much quality out there for a great price.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    I've been surprised how the price of the Colts have come down in the past 6 months. That, in addition to the price of BCM uppers (with the free BCG too!), there really is no reason to go with a sub-quality gun. There is so much quality out there for a great price.
    This! i just wish i had more money to be building up alot of top quality black rifles right now. and congrats on your purchase you made a great move getting rid of the bushy and getting a colt.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    You're going to fuggin love it.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fixit69 View Post
    You did it by the numbers and have a great rifle. Go buy ammo and mags now and blast away...
    Ammo & mags abound....

In all my years I remember maybe 5-6 Colts out of thousands having a real problem. Once we switched to a chromed line bore, that number decreased. The biggest pain in the a$$ was when Marines shoved a q-tip down the carrier key and lost the wad. I hated trying to loosen the key because Colt did a darn good job staking them. Thankfully most of the time a heavy duty paperclip did the trick.
    Steve
    USMC RETIRED

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast