Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geissele B-GRF trigger

Feedback Score

Geissele B-GRF trigger

I'm trying to learn how to shoot faster, and saw that Geissele recently released the B-GRF, which is very similar to their S-3G trigger. It's apparently exclusive to Brownells. Has anyone tried it? How is it?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    S3G is an excellent trigger IMHO! Why not just get that INSTEAD OF GETTING "something similar" (even if from the same mfr)? I mean, if you like it, you'll buy the S3G anyway right? Spend the $$ one time and if you don't like it, you'll have no trouble moving it.
    Last edited by Sparky5019; 10-19-14 at 20:16.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    I can't tell the difference between the G2S and the SSA, and if they work the same I don't see any reason to spend more.

Brownells has the B-GRF for $177. In comparison, the S3G is $250. I'd rather spend the difference on ammo.

If I like the GRF I won't replace it. Why would I?

Feedback Score
    If you understand the differences between the grf and s3g and don't mind it, I'd say go for it. Highly unlikely you'll be disappointed as the 3g triggers are amazing. I have the g2s and SSA, other than that circlip that drives me nuts I can't tell any difference. I don't think the two different 3g triggers will be any different. Ive got sd3gs in 2 guns and it's just a really good trigger, short and light enough to be really fast on it but not so bad that it's a detriment to accuracy when shooting for groups or safety in a tense situation due to being overly short and light.

In case you don't know the only differences are, the circlip hammer pin retainer, lack of laser marking and fewer QC steps (but coming from that maker, I really don't see that as a huge deal because they will not put out junk and if one happens to slip by they will fix the problem right Ricky tick). That said I'd spend the bit extra for the normal version in a duty gun or one that may have to come apart in the field (only because that clip would be easy to lose in grass or dirt and can get mangled when installing in a hurry). That's my thoughts, hope it helps and let us know how it works out if you do get one.
    Last edited by nateebumpo; 10-19-14 at 23:54.

Feedback Score
    I don't remember any funny clip when I installed the G2S, and I ended up using different pins than came with it (it's in a mag lower). The hammer pin did move out a bit a few times yesterday, maybe that's why... but I didn't think it had anything funny when I first installed it in a standard forged lower.

It's for a toy, not anything likely to be used in serious situations.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
    I don't remember any funny clip when I installed the G2S, and I ended up using different pins than came with it (it's in a mag lower). The hammer pin did move out a bit a few times yesterday, maybe that's why... but I didn't think it had anything funny when I first installed it in a standard forged lower.

It's for a toy, not anything likely to be used in serious situations.
    You better take a look at the instruction page that came with your G2S trigger. There definetely is a circlip to be installed. If you didn't, you better go back and check the packaging. You probably should take the hammer out and check for install.

My 2 cents.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tecstar1 View Post
    You better take a look at the instruction page that came with your G2S trigger. There definetely is a circlip to be installed. If you didn't, you better go back and check the packaging. You probably should take the hammer out and check for install.

My 2 cents.
    What Tecstar1 said! It is the kind of thing that a person could not forget. My guess is you put the hammer pin in without the clip. Since it has no normal hammer retainer spring it will walk out on you.
    Billy

US Army Retired, NRA Life member, M/C mechanic, Gunsmith

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I installed it without instructions. I had a little bit of walking Saturday, it had never happened before even though I'd used that trigger in that lower quite a bit. Guess I'll have to see if I still have the packaging, if not is there anywhere I can get a new clip?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
    Yeah, I installed it without instructions. I had a little bit of walking Saturday, it had never happened before even though I'd used that trigger in that lower quite a bit. Guess I'll have to see if I still have the packaging, if not is there anywhere I can get a new clip?
    Geissele will send you new ones, they're super helpful.

They sent me a SSA hammer in my G2S package and they replaced it promptly.

Feedback Score
    I emailed them and they just linked me to the G2S spares page. While they show the D clips, none of the sets of spares specify that they include them. Not as helpful as I'd been hoping.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast