Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gander Mountain ammo prices! My goodness!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kett73 View Post
    Agree, in Amarillo prices high to low are GM, Academy, and Walmart. I will buy from WM before the other two because they are at minimum $20 cheaper on bulk items than GM and $10 under Academy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeap that's exactly how it is. Not to mention panhandle gunslingers is high to 35 bucks for a box of american eagle .40 fmj

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FeistyCrawfish View Post
    Do you use Uchee or EAGC?
    Not directed at me but, I use EAGC for IDPA and Uchee (Tuskegee) about twice a month depending on work/family schedule. Also check out Central Alabama Gun Club (CAGC) for gun games.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    I work at gander and get a 10% discount on ammo and still don't buy from here. I go to academy for ammo. Gander employee discounts on everything but ammo are badass though. Picked up many nice guns and quality parts for super cheap via vendor appreciation style deals.
    Last edited by Jakashh; 10-24-14 at 00:39.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'm a member at EAGC and shoot IDPA and USPSA. Great club and great folks! The matches are always fun and relaxed.

Feedback Score
    I have 2 GM's within an hour's drive, one in St. Augustine area and one in Sanford. I was elated today when I read that Academy is opening 4 stores in central Florida. We will finally have competition in the area.

Feedback Score
    I won't go to GM for anything. Their rifles are on average $500 higher than what I can get at a local shop. Hell, GM is selling Bushmaster Patrol Carbines at $1300 still while Walmart has Colts for $900 and the lgs is $869.99. Ammo is a joke like 9mm Fed 115 FMJ 50rd boxes at WM going for $13.99, it's $15.99 at the LGS, it's $25.99 at GM. My brother used to joke that the CEO must have one hell of a crack addiction, because only a crackhead thinks that someone might be willing to pay 2x what something is actually worth. I'm surprised he's not on a corner asking if anyone wants to buy a sack of cheeseburgers. A small shop where I used to live is 3 miles away from the GM. They are usually 1/3 to 1/2 the price of GM for ammo, while GM has 100's of stores they have just one. Rifles are the same, $300 to $500 cheaper than GM. Even GM's sales are laughable, GM's sale prices are still higher than any other place besides another GM. Gander Mountain is a joke, they're the Cheaper Than Dirt of the brick and mortar outdoors/hunting sales world.

The worst thing is their used rifle and handguns they sell. I've never seen another place charge so much for broken firearms. Revolvers with timing issues, guns with broken firing pins or springs, parts like sights missing, rust, and all cost close to or right at what they would have been brand new. I get flyers in the weekly paper but I haven't went there in 3 or 4 years, they are nice enough to let everyone know that their prices haven't changed. It's about the only thing I'd thank them for.
    Last edited by mastiffhound; 10-26-14 at 23:29.
    Appeasement is never the answer in the face of naked aggression.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yep, GM have always been overpriced in my area. Good thing they are too far from me to ever buy anything there.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They usually price match local gun stores within 40 miles and other B&M retailers as long as it is in stock. This counts on guns as well. YMMV
    Looking for someone who can make a polygonal 1911 barrel for my father. IM me if you can help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123