Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: glove love

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I got some of the Oakley knuckle gloves before my last deployment in early 2013. The little dots on the fingers still fall off right away.

I see on SKD there are two types of mechanics gloves. Anyone know which of the two are thinner? I want something with good dexterity.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matt86 View Post
    I got some of the Oakley knuckle gloves before my last deployment in early 2013. The little dots on the fingers still fall off right away.

I see on SKD there are two types of mechanics gloves. Anyone know which of the two are thinner? I want something with good dexterity.
    They are the same glove. The oh difference is that fast fit is a slip on style, the original uses a Velcro closure. The gloves them selves are identical otherwise.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Gotcha, thanks.

Feedback Score
    I find the key is to get snug fitting gloves that fit your hand/fingers well, and brands differ in fit. You will need to try several on personally. Camelbak gloves happen to fit me well.

OR currently has their tactical gloves on steep discount, with limited availability/sizes http://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/me...html?limit=all. I ordered a few pairs to try, but have not received them yet.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've got a pair of new issued camelbak gloves in a duffel bag somewhere. I may give them a shot.

Feedback Score
    I'm running Mechanix M-Pact. I got the ones with the soft knuckle protection. It's basically strips of soft rubber with cuts where your fingers/knuckles bend so it doesn't impede your range of motion. I paid $35 for them.

I've been using them for a year and a half and they've held up well. I've used them for running AKs, ARs, and handguns. They worked great for all of the above. I've also used them to remodel a bathroom and repairing a 2 story tall large back deck. They've been great for every construction project I've tackled.

I do live in Florida, so I don't wear gloves in the winter. I doubt they would provide adequate protection for really cold weather.

Feedback Score
    Here is my caveat. I've worn Mechanix, Camelbak, Oakley, Blackhawk, and Outdoor Research. Out of all the gloves, I really like the inexpensive Oakley gloves (think they are the SI) and anything by Outdoor Research. You pay more up front from OR, however, they guarantee their gloves for life. I have worn their Piledrivers almost daily for the past two years. Part of the stitching is starting to unravel where I pull them on and off. Literally, I've pulled them on and off thousands of times. I send them an email, its taken care of.

The Blackhawk gloves I got wore out super quick. Don't really have anything negative to say about any of the other brands, but nothing stands out like OR and Oakley. The only thing I would caution you on is buying any gloves where the entire knuckle area is carbon fiber. They can get quite uncomfortable. Good luck in your selection process.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234