Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: An SBR (in the works) question

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by henshman View Post
    Nope. That was what generated my needing a good vise comment.
    Always looking for reasons to buy tools that I really should have already.

Good idea thank you.
    I've never used a vise on mine for this. I do have an upper vise block if I wanted to. I just snug it up with an AR wrench.

The combination of not needing to time an FH, and no use of Rocksett/LocTite makes it a breeze.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    [QUOTE=scoutfsu99;2015181]
    Quote Originally Posted by henshman View Post

He doesn't know what he's talking about b/c you have an MRP. He's conflating the two.

(edited to fix the quote blocks).
    I am not confused about this.

My point was the MRP doesn't give you a full length handguard and also gives all the drawbacks of a piston
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Ok, so when you say "The OP would not have any less handguard because the front sight is being replaced by the gas block on his build", exactly what do you mean? Any less hand guard than the 6933 you mentioned? That's the way it appears.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    I've never used a vise on mine for this. I do have an upper vise block if I wanted to. I just snug it up with an AR wrench.

The combination of not needing to time an FH, and no use of Rocksett/LocTite makes it a breeze.
    BW
    yeah I need a good bench top vise, but also the mag well insert so I can work on it safely...and the removal will be easy.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=scottryan;2015527]
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutfsu99 View Post

I am not confused about this.

My point was the MRP doesn't give you a full length handguard and also gives all the drawbacks of a piston
    I see your point...
    The new lmt (new to me at least) design affords me about 8" to play with, insert jokes here...and sections of "rail" or 1913 spec (I think I am saying that right) pieces that I can use to attach whatever tools I deem necessary for the MSN.

As far as all the drawbacks of the piston, I haven't really discovered any yet unless you count the issue I raised with this threat itself. But, it is the qwik disconnect mount that interferes with the "normal" removal of the piston setup.
    The design and the reason I went the piston route, was to use one barrel for an in between if you will. Also the "soot" left behind as a result of the shorter barrel will be less of an issue due to gas expulsion forward of the bolt carrier group.

Granted I haven't even shot it yet...I have heard from a team mate that his piston upper "hits hard"...I won't mention any names, neither team mate (fragile) or weapon manufacturer. I will report back any short comings I or drawbacks I experience.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    The CQB MRP rail length is considered 9.5. Think if that were a typical receiver and a delta ring.

Feedback Score
    Roger that...I was using the usable/mountable portion, and 8" is plenty for this Irishman.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345