Thread: CD Defense Blem Lower Build --- K.I.S.S.

Feedback Score

CD Defense Blem Lower Build --- K.I.S.S.

I finished my Charles Daly Blemished lower build this morning. The blems are minor and very hard to see in the finished product. There are ridges in the trigger area and a ridge on the front of the receiver, primarily under the pivot pin. Great deal--I want another one!

For the build, I used a Colt C MP 5.56 NATO 1/7 20" A2 upper with an LMT semi BCG and a CMT charging handle. Even though it's not a good color match it is in great shape. The only thing I dislike is the lack of a bayonet lug, but it does have the more practical threaded muzzle and flash suppressor. The A2 buttstock is a new Colt take off. The LPK is a mixed bag of parts I've accumulated over the years. Not that I really need an excuse to justify a new rifle BUT I appreciate the K.I.S.S. look and I didn't have any 20" barreled rifles. While it is an M16 look-alike, it's not quite a clone.

Thanks for looking!

Feedback Score

Thumbs up looks good to me

i would shoot the hell out of it!!

Feedback Score
    I just heard someone say yesterday something along the lines of: "If the person or thing doesn't have scars, he or it can't be trusted!"

Nice going on your CD though!

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback. I went to the range and shot it on Thursday from the bench. It is reasonably accurate and functioned perfectly with a variety of ammo. It liked the hornady tap 75gr the best and the 55gr privi was not nearly as tight in its groups--as expected.