Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I be the man with one gun?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Somewhat depends on which state you live in.
    I still wouldn't sell it. You never know when the next anti-depressant fuelled moron is going to walk into a "gun-free" zone and lay waste while disarmed peasants scurry about until the police arrive. Cue "assault weapon" legislation, etc. You'll wish you hadn't sold it, as it will be impossible/illegal to buy one after the fact.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    As long as you have the commitment to train, you will never feel like you're where you want to be with training and that's how it should be. Whatever you get for your rifle in today's weak market will be but a selling stone in your training.

Don't do it. Wait a year and make sure you aren't infatuated with the idea of being better trained, because the work and time you have invested into owning your rifle for a few fleeting trips to the range.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
    Please, keep your rifle.

As time and circumstances permit, consider moving to a gun friendly state like Texas.

Yes, I know, kinship, close friends, etc. have to be factored into your decision, but I'd move when moving is made possible.

All of my (other) loved ones live in N.E., but I just can't imagine living is such hostile, anti gun states.

They want their citizens to be sheep....
    Oddly, I have a friend who grew up in Texas and lives in NH. He says NH is more progressive in most aspects. Maybe they harbor all of the gun enthusiasts in N.E.?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Thread from 9 months ago...I think the OP made his decision by now...
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Man it was awhile who when I started this discussion. I did keep the rifle. Sold some of the goodies that hung on it, but the rifle stayed put. Glad I did and thank you all for the comments

Feedback Score
    Would not recommend selling the rifle. Instead I would suggest looking into getting involved with watching training videos put out by reputable instructors and doing a lot of dry practice. Maybe seeking training groups in your area(that are not just a bunch of untrained people using the blind leading the blind mentality). I have found that through moving a few times in the last few years that it seems to be trending, that small groups of people(8-12), usually with 1,2,or 3 of the members being highly skilled, well trained people in the group that are able to share their knowledge and experience.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Gotta keep it man. Who knows what this country will look like in a few years.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sol1777 View Post
    I want your honest opinions. I live in a state thats not friendly to AR's. I do have a carry permit in this state as well. So heres my thoughts. I have a nice pistol I carry, but do not get to shoot half as much as I should to be proficient with it in a very bad situation. I have a rifle that I've setup the way I always wanted, but dont get to shoot as much either. Currently money is short, so I can not just go buy ammo when I feel like it. I'm thinking I should sell my rifle to fund ammo and training for my pistol. What say the members here? With the saturation of the market with uppers and rifles, I probably will lose money doing this. I guess my thought is my pistol can be with me at all times, when my rifle is in the safe unless I'm on private property. And if S ever hits the Fan, then I just have to fight my way to a rifle. I dont see how I can have both. Thanks for you opinions.
    Don't do it. Keep both rifle and pistol.

Redundancy and backups are always a good thing. If you downgrade to one gun, what happens if it breaks or gets stolen???

Save up or work more so you can afford ammo and practice. Everything is super cheap now including ammo. it would be foolish not to stock up now.

It is also the worst time to sell an AR.
    Last edited by JusticeM4; 10-28-15 at 00:53.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123