Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I be the man with one gun?

Feedback Score
    Keep both. I can pick up a rifle and dominate an well trained version of myself with a pistol. A long guns should always be on hand, especially for HD and such situations. Pistols are for carry and backup IMO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well everyone agrees that I should put the rifle n the safe for now and bring it out when money permits. Thanks guys. Your help is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You are making a good decision. Dry fire daily and shoot whenever possible. Whatever else you do, always keep the rifle.

Feedback Score
    Dry fire, weapons manipulation, drawing and presenting on target, mag changes, movement to cover, off hand practice of every drill, lots of ways to maximize your time when away from the range. If you can find an airsoft replica of your hangun you can even practice putting "shots" on paper from home! Imagination is your only limitation in training.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grunt1776 View Post
    Dry fire, weapons manipulation, drawing and presenting on target, mag changes, movement to cover, off hand practice of every drill, lots of ways to maximize your time when away from the range. If you can find an airsoft replica of your hangun you can even practice putting "shots" on paper from home! Imagination is your only limitation in training.
    + 1
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=87uj5_2hEGk

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Selling a rifle generally isn't going to get you enough ammo to justify the loss. If you can't afford $3k of ammo per year, your focus should be on dry fire with low density/high value live fire.

Keep the rifle. It will doubtful be worth significantly less in a few years than it is now, unless you need it, in which case nothing else will fit the bill.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have stepped up my dry firing since I posted and will continue to do so. I guess my concern was to be ready if a situation ever calls for me to use the pistol. I was looking at the rifle as a drain taking training time and ammo money from the pistol. With your insights I see that I can have both.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Keep the rifle.

I don't work for/ get paid by NextLevel Training, but have the SIRT AR-bolt and dry fire with them. It's my kettlebell.
    Great during winter cabin fever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    If you are in a fight, and something impedes your ability to adequately project force, correct that problem or remove yourself from the fight.

Feedback Score
    Sell the rifle and use half the money to buy a cheap 12ga pump and the rest to buy ammo. Gotta have SOME kind of long gun these days.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast