Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decisions on a new handgun.

Feedback Score

Decisions on a new handgun.

What up forum so I'm having a hard time trying to make my mind up on the handgun I'm wanting to get. I'll start off by saying that I had a glock and I didn't like it so their not an option. I'm pretty set on either the M&P9 or the XD9 service. I have shot both and both feel good and 1911 like. M&P seemed to be softer but and I like the looks of both. I really am the only one who can answer my own question but would like opinions about the two from y'all.

Feedback Score
    Of those two, M&P.

Not sure if you've had the chance to try a P30 LEM or even a VP9, but I'd give them a hard look if you haven't. As of Nov 1, there will be a $200 rebate on P30s until the end of the year.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Of those two choices I think most everyone here will steer you towards the M&P.

I have not owned the XD lines of pistols but have been pretty happy with a number of the M&P line. Full size, Pro, Compact, Shield... For me, the Shield is one of the best options in carry guns out there.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Of those two, the M&P would be my choice. I had the full and compact. But try CZs before you decide. They felt so good in hand plus I shot better with them. Sold both Smiths. Big fan of the decockers.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    My first answer would be Glock and then add sights, grip tape, and a grip plug but if you absolutely don't like them then maybe a PPQ or VP9. I don't care for M&P's or XD's.

Feedback Score
    I like glocks but my hands are small and just ain't built for a the glock. Iam on a budget somewhat that's why I'm down to with the m&p or xd, or I would look at the vp9 or even the new SIG p320 but I think I'm gunna go with the m&p for the ambi slide release and then later on get the SIG cause I love that new p320 especially since you can pull the internals out of the frame and then stick them in like a compact size. Appreciate the responses

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rcasey02 View Post
    I like glocks but my hands are small and just ain't built for a the glock. Iam on a budget somewhat that's why I'm down to with the m&p or xd, or I would look at the vp9 or even the new SIG p320 but I think I'm gunna go with the m&p for the ambi slide release and then later on get the SIG cause I love that new p320 especially since you can pull the internals out of the frame and then stick them in like a compact size. Appreciate the responses
    VP9 has an ambi slide release.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The XD has persona non grata status on most "serious" gun forums, so you're not going to really see anyone steering you that direction.
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Save up till you can afford the VP9, isn't the base model $599? How much are you paying for the M&P?

Feedback Score
    Found a new one for 440

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast