Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning kit for you gadget guys/gals

Feedback Score
    I dig it. It's definitely a novel item too me but it has the all important grin factor for me!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I may pick up one of the empty ones to keep in a mag pouch on one of my rifle cases. I'm usually carrying a few mags in them and the rest are in an ammo can, so wouldn't really lose any critical space on range trips. My EDC rifle case always has the loaded mags anyway.

Nice idea. I dig stuff like this when it is useful and not just some novelty turd that doesn't serve a purpose.

Tapatalk'd

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hey I think its innovative, fits right in a mag pouch and GO!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 308sako View Post
    I use it to chase a wet patch around the inside of the barrel extension, works very well and doesn't come in actual contact metal to metal.
    This I can see. I'm not much of a scraper type.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's different... but I'll pass.
    Rangers Lead The Way

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Peter Palma (from, 'Top Shot') is a part of this.

These remind me of the German G3 cleaning kits, which were also magazine roughly shaped/size (at least for 20rnd 7.62N mags )
    I have one in the basement someplace but pulled this up online (shown with a CETME)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I wouldn't advise to place this into a pouch on your person, should go without saying-- However, if need be, an exception would be in a pack, etc if "really" on a long mission.

I treat any "take along" kits more from the standpoint of getting the gun back up if you had a stuck case, got excessively dirty, etc.

Another option--- and s/h is about 20

http://www.platatac.com/field-utilit...-kit-mkii.html
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I appreciate the innovation in this kit, but I'm just not a big fan of plastic cases like this - I'd have to test it to see how resistant it is to crushing / cracking / etc. I've just always preferred soft cases for small tools that have a little give to them when placed in a pack, attached to gear, or getting tossed around. I've always like this military issue Gerber / Otis kit, which Amazon has a great deal on right now ($64.99):

Gerber 22-01100 Military Gun Cleaning Tool Kit

For another $25, you get a Gerber multi-plier (which I always want to have in my kit), the Otis kit, and a (admittedly mediocre but usable) flashlight. I like having this kit attached to the side of my assault pack or day pack, or in the side pocket of my range bag. This magazine-sized kit is kind of neat, but I really don't find it burdensome to carry the Gerber kit around.

Of course, I'll admit that I often end up still using my old GI cleaning kit in the green nylon pouch...

Dave
    Last edited by 3ACR_Scout; 10-25-14 at 12:33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I'm not trying to be a party pooper, but I don't think I'll get one for the range. I've watched people stuff flashlights, knives, multitools - all sorts of stuff into a magwell.

I use one of these: http://www.emdomusa.com/Emdom-MM-KitMat-p/eu074a.htm

It's about the same size, and I can break down and troubleshoot someone's AR bolt or Glock slide, and not lose any parts thanks to the velcro. It also holds a disassembled cleaning rod, for clearing an obstruction.

I think the mag-shapped doodad would be handy to put parts in on a range. I'm just worried about how spastic my own brain is sometimes if I ever carried it.

It would make for a cool stocking stuffer this Christmas, though!
    Yeah, that would really suck to get into an impromptu fire fight and stuff what you think is your last mag into the gun only to find out... Doh!! It's a cleaning kit.

And by the way, has anyone every seriously tapped out a stuck case with an Otis cable and their little obstruction remover???
    Last edited by Swatdude1; 10-27-14 at 23:33.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    To clear up any confusion on said product and it's use and stowage, paying particular attention to questions 3 & 4.

http://www.mscleankits.com/faqs.html

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast