Thread: Bipod Mount and Sling mounts for SPR

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Bipod Mount and Sling mounts for SPR

I am looking for bipod mount for SPR and also what type of sling and sling mounts you guy's are using on the SPR as well. I am nearing completion on my SPR build and would like to source these items. Interested to here what you guy's suggest.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wlptpd3 View Post
    I am looking for bipod mount for SPR and also what type of sling and sling mounts you guy's are using on the SPR as well. I am nearing completion on my SPR build and would like to source these items. Interested to here what you guy's suggest.
    First off, what bipod are you wanting to run?

I'm running a Harris on an American Defense QD mount that is working very well so far.

For sling mounts I'm just using the built QD mounts in the Geissele SMR and on the stock I'm running. I pretty much never run a sling on my SPR'ish rifle though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I ran a Tango Down bipod for a while as well as a Harris. Both worked. You might look at the Atlas as they come with a rail interface to make the QD. LaRue also more a Harris.

As for the sling it all depends on the stock. When mine had the A2 on it I used a VTAC wide sling with a buttstock adapter. With the PRS I used the same sling with the sling mounts on the stock.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am using the A2 stock and I am familiar with the buttstock adapter from BFG, also using a Centurion Arms C4 12" rail.
    I will probably use a Harris bipod because that is what I use on my bolt action rifle. I will check out the American Defense QD mount and will check out the Atlas as well. Thanks

Feedback Score
    I'm using the YHM non qd mount as I don't plan on removing my bipod. It's less than $30 and is very solid.

Feedback Score
    KAC makes a very nice QD version. I saw it a few months ago in Jack's precision rifle course. I plan to pick up one for my 7.62. Just can't decide if I want the fixed or the version that pans side to side.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I recommend the KAC bipod adapter. It is what I have been using on my SPR uppers with Harris bipod and it is a solid mount.

http://www.operationparts.com/kac-kn...or-lower-rail/

Where are you at in PA? Depending on location (I need to check my parts box) I could possibly supply you with a used one.