Thread: factory precision rifle?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

factory precision rifle?

Im looking at purchasing a factory precision ar in 5.56 and in the 1700.00 range I already have a sbr so looking for something for mid range out to 400 yards at very most, I have a bolt gun for the longer ranges and will be mostly a target gun .

Right now I'm thinking about a larue predatar in 5.56 or bcm kmr precision or knights armament. Im really leaning toward the larue what do you guys think I really want to best accuracy I can get say at 100 yards I know the larue says less than moa.

optics will be a bushnell elite 3.5-21x50 for long ranges then switching out to a 1-4 both have larue qd mounts so I can do this.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Of the three LaRue will give you a very good rifle that is very accurate. You also might want to look at Noveske....I bit more money but extremely accurate.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    You've already made an identical thread.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...factory-rifles
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Are you looking for a complete rifle or just an upper?

Either way, I recommend having a MK12 upper built by HCS (High Caliber Sales). I cannot say enough good things about them and the quality of work they put into every upper/rifle they build. It would be within your price range if you have just the upper built and you could save a little bit more by supplying them with parts of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by urmaker45 View Post
    Im looking at purchasing a factory precision ar in 5.56 and in the 1700.00 range I already have a sbr so looking for something for mid range out to 400 yards at very most, I have a bolt gun for the longer ranges and will be mostly a target gun .

Right now I'm thinking about a larue predatar in 5.56 or bcm kmr precision or knights armament. Im really leaning toward the larue what do you guys think I really want to best accuracy I can get say at 100 yards I know the larue says less than moa.

optics will be a bushnell elite 3.5-21x50 for long ranges then switching out to a 1-4 both have larue qd mounts so I can do this.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Paying for one of these boutique ARs is completely NUTSO!! If you can build your own, you'll save a fortune.

The four things you need to weigh (in order of importance based on my experience) are:

1. Ammo - without good ammo, nothing else matters.

2. Barrel - Buy a good barrel. And I you don't have to pay Noveske's ridiculous prices to get a good barrel. (Bergara, WOA, Sionics, etc. are alternatives)

3. Optic - For 400 an in, you don't need the absolute BEST optic in the world.... but one of the mid range 1-4 or 1-6 variables would work.

4. Trigger - I personally am not too picky about triggers, but a lot of guys are. A Geissele trigger will help most guys out.

Just my 2 cents.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This thread is making me want to put my NF 2.5-10x32 on my 5.56 PredatAR and see what it can do...

I vote LaRue but I am bias cause I also have a 7.62 OBR and few will want to say that something else is better than what they have.

I also have a 18" Noveske barreled SPR-ish rifle. I can easily say all three far exceed my abilities as of now.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.