Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What 11.5 barrel has proven to be most accurate? If any.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I know you decided on Sionics.....

But here is some impressive shooting offhand with an Aimpoint T1.

Rifle Specs:

11.5" Brave Company (BCM) Barrel
    BCM Bolt Carrier Group
    Knights Armnament URXII Rail.
    Aimpoint T-1 Micro
    PEQ-15
    Magpul CTR Stock
    Standard Mil-Spec Trigger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz3vuRCD02E
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by domestique View Post
    I know you decided on Sionics.....

But here is some impressive shooting offhand with an Aimpoint T1.

Rifle Specs:

11.5" Brave Company (BCM) Barrel
    BCM Bolt Carrier Group
    Knights Armnament URXII Rail.
    Aimpoint T-1 Micro
    PEQ-15
    Magpul CTR Stock
    Standard Mil-Spec Trigger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz3vuRCD02E

I had decided on a sionics barrel until i found out when they'd be Iin stock. Now I'm considering a DD 11.5, BCM ss410 11.5, BCM chf 11.5, northtech, rainier arms, Noveske, .... Don't have a clue right this minute actually. I may just go least expensive.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just did a build using a Centurion 11.5 and am very happy with the accuracy.
    I went with this barrel over some of the other CHF options as Centurion guaranteed me that the threading was concentric to the bore.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSunday View Post
    I just did a build using a Centurion 11.5 and am very happy with the accuracy.
    I went with this barrel over some of the other CHF options as Centurion guaranteed me that the threading was concentric to the bore.

That's a very good point. What kind of accuracy are you seeing with it?

Not that it matters, I can't find a 11.5 centurion anywhere. Found a 10.5 but with a 10" rail and the specwar mount..... don't think it would work out.
    Last edited by Crapshot; 11-04-14 at 13:23.

Feedback Score
    Had the chance to shoot one 6 shot group at 25 yards with the front on a bag and the 11.5 bfh/kmr upper resulted in a .625 group with priv 69gr. BTHP. Was using a PA red dot. Ill get to 100 yards next trip and see what it does.

Feedback Score
    I've had 2" with my BCM 11.5" at 100 yards.

I don't really use short barrels for anything beyond 100-150. Have too many long guns that are better suited for that.

1000? That's what 308s are for.
    In the future, PMAGs will be the currency standard.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10mmSpringfield View Post
    I've had 2" with my BCM 11.5" at 100 yards.

I don't really use short barrels for anything beyond 100-150. Have too many long guns that are better suited for that.

1000? That's what 308s are for.

Well, just ordered a BCM ss410 11.5.. Hoping for a little better than 2 moa... We'll see I guess.

As far as 1000 yards, got a 308, not "ideal" for a grand, next bolt gun build will be something with a better general BC, 6.5x47l is kinda my dream "fun" bolt gun, while a 300wm or 338lm would be great for 1000... +....

That said, it sure would be fun to (lightly) ding some steel with a 223 at 1000yds, from an sbr registered ar. Needless to say I will try my best. Then again my 308 at 1000 hasn't been quite cooperative.... not as simple as i originally believed.. A hell of a lot of fun trying though.

Feedback Score
    For anyone wanting a sionics 11.5 melonite barrel their site says they will be shipping soon and you can add them to your cart. Same price at $189.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456