Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What 11.5 barrel has proven to be most accurate? If any.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

What 11.5 barrel has proven to be most accurate? If any.

Quote Originally Posted by Crapshot View Post
    Dude that's a pretty cool video, good view of trace, good sence of the time it takes sound (the ding to reach the shooter) to travel at distance vs seeing the plate swinging. And I've got to get some tracers cause that was awesome, few awful, awful "flyers" with em but still looks real fun.

As far as that upper is concerned, I'm jealous and upset cause I'm about $1200 short from what I could find. Very cool seeing an sbr going out that far tho, I'll have to check out YouTube for similar examples, if they exist.

It does give me newfound optimism for my project though. So thank you for that!
    I kinda figured you like that. Give a lil hope to what I saw you was wanting in a barrel. Plus, that was a 10.5" barrel doing that. Not even the 11.5 you're seeking. I already had the LMT platform, and after watching the video myself, I just knew I had to SBR it. Plus, I literally can change barrels, and calibers in less time it takes me to make a PB&J sandwich. All without changing the POI. Now THAT'S awesome! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jakedasnake; 10-23-14 at 23:03.

Feedback Score
    Eta of the 11.5 melonite?

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    The SIONICS 11.5" barrels are very accurate (www.sionicsweaponsystems.com). In the testing a few months back in GA with an LE agency we were getting 5 shot groups hovering around 1 MOA. They also have a conservative gas port size for suppressed use.

We are about half way through the process of getting the newer barrels and other stuff finished up. We also have complete uppers available as well.

Feedback Score
    Op I use a 11.5 bfh bcm with 10" kmr and have been very pleased with it. Looking to build another 11.5 around a sionics barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Willysjeep View Post
    Op I use a 11.5 bfh bcm with 10" kmr and have been very pleased with it. Looking to build another 11.5 around a sionics barrel.

I hadn't heard of Sionics barrels before a day or two ago, but 5 shot groups around 1 moa out of a chrome lined barrel sounds pretty good to me. If I may, can I ask why you are going with a Sionics barrel on your next build? I'd like to hear more about em, maybe from some owners.

Feedback Score
    I don't have any measured groups but the Noveske stainless 11.5" is like a laser. It's a little on the heavy side but not unwieldy.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    I saw a post with good accuracy from a 16" sionics and it sparked my interest. For the price of about $190 I would try it just to try something new. I have tried to find reviews of the 11.5 melonite or chrome lined with no luck yet. It's $40ish less than standard bcm 11.5 and less than a dd 11.5. Would still use the 10" kmr and a gen 3 slr sentry 7 adj gas block.

Again i love my 11.5 bfh bcm and got it assembled with the kmr and free bcg just like idea of trying something different for another suppressed upper.

I hadn't heard of Sionics barrels before a day or two ago, but 5 shot groups around 1 moa out of a chrome lined barrel sounds pretty good to me. If I may, can I ask why you are going with a Sionics barrel on your next build? I'd like to hear more about em, maybe from some owners.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I don't have any measured groups but the Noveske stainless 11.5" is like a laser. It's a little on the heavy side but not unwieldy.
    +1 for Noveske's SS barrels, KAC's 11.5" barrels are very accurate as well.
    Rangers Lead The Way

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a Centurion Arms 11.5" with a SSA trigger that shoots tighter groups than my BCM 14.5" BFH rifle with a SSA-E. I mean 1/4-1/2" or so smaller? I haven't really measured it, but it is a more accurate rifle by a bit. I have been interested in a Sionics Barrel too, but I'm trying really hard to go for a Centurion 12.5"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuaSponte175 View Post
    +1 for Noveske's SS barrels, KAC's 11.5" barrels are very accurate as well.

These were my first choice (the Noveske) but I've never owned a noveske barrel, but since my sbr lower is going to be noveske I thought, at the least, it would be fitting.
    Would have gone all noveske but I couldn't pass up a deal I found on dsg.com (pretty sure that's the site) for a stripped noveske lower and MUR upper, now I'm just trying to piece together the parts I like and a barrel that's accurate.
    Never owned an sbr either so I have been trying to do my homework the best I can before I begin ordering.

Noveske SS ($310 stripped)

BCM SS 410 (~$310)

DD - ?

Sionics EDIT: (the CORRECT info) "made from 4150 CMV to the MILSPEC" And I don't remember the price.

Northtech Defense 416R SS ($299) guaranteed sub moa

Rainier Arms (no one's suggested them but I've never heard anything negative about them)
    Last edited by Crapshot; 10-26-14 at 09:00.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    ○BCM BFH (would prefer this due to chrome bore)
    This. Noveskes are ridiculously overprices and simply DO NOT outperform other brands.

With the BFH, you don't run the risk of oddities in the bore from button rifling. That's said, I've only had one jookie button rifled barrel... but the BFH will likely be a MOA shooter with good ammo.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast