Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: question: 556 suppressor for shorter than 10inch barrel

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Thanks again guys, I sent an email to silencerco to get clarification.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Thanks again guys, I sent an email to silencerco to get clarification.
    Clarification on what?

One of their VPs responded to you in this thread.

The Saker 762, 556 and 556K, and the Specwar 762 are rated down to 7" on 5.56. The Specwar 556 and 556K are rated down to 10".

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I went back and looks like I missed NickB's post in reference to the size.

Got a response back pretty quickly from the inof@silencerco email

Thank you for your questions regarding the SilencerCo Specwar 762 suppressor. For the calibers of .223/5.56, 300BLK, and 6.8SPC your minimum barrel length is 7". For .308 the minimum is 12", and the Magnum cartridges up to 300 Remington Ultra Mag, 20" minimum. If you have any further questions, please let me know.
    Now to find a place which has them in stock and may offer an LE discount for the Specwar 762.

Thanks again guys.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The advantage in my mind for the Specwar is that you can run the 7.62 end cap and be in good shape on the shorter setups, which makes that a phenomenally flexible can - the fact that you could toss it on a 8-10" 300BLK may/may not be an added selling point too.

Late to the party, but FWIW here's what I run:
    It would require some slightly janky handguard arrangements, but if you're looking at minimal OAL (I designed this dual stamp unit to fit in a 29.5" tennis racket bag WITH the M4S mounted on it) there is some merit to the OPS/Allen reflex cans (in M4M, M4S, or 14th guise) on a 10.5" barrel. It's still got pretty solid muzzle velocity for the length, none of the odd 7.5" gassing issues, and can easily be made from cutting down a 16" unit and be gassed quite well for a dedicated suppressed unit.

عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    I went back and looks like I missed NickB's post in reference to the size.

Got a response back pretty quickly from the inof@silencerco email

Now to find a place which has them in stock and may offer an LE discount for the Specwar 762.

Thanks again guys.
    Sorry for the confusion on this. Edited with correct info per our customer service staff: To clarify, the four suppressors we warranty down to a 7.5" barrel 5.56 are the Saker 556, Saker-K 556, Saker 762, & Specwar 762. The Specwar 556 & Specwar-K 556 are rated for a 10.5" barrel on 5.56.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    The advantage in my mind for the Specwar is that you can run the 7.62 end cap and be in good shape on the shorter setups, which makes that a phenomenally flexible can - the fact that you could toss it on a 8-10" 300BLK may/may not be an added selling point too.
    Huh? I think you're referring to the Saker for interchangeable end caps.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    Sorry for the confusion on this. To clarify, the only two suppressors we warranty down to a 7.5" barrel 5.56 are the Saker 556 & Saker-K 556 due to the robust blast baffle design that we call the Hoplon Baffle. The Saker 762 and all Specwar suppressors are rated down to a 10.5" barrel 5.56. this info was updated/corrected in NickB's previous post
    That's not what the reps are telling everybody. I've seen both KC and Andrew say something similar to this:

Originally Posted By kc_silencerco
    The Specwar 556 is rated down to a 10" barrel, The Specwar 762, Saker 556, and Saker 762 are rated for 7" barrels in 5.56. For .308 we rate the Specwar 762 and Saker 762 down to 12".
    And then for the K versions:

Originally Posted By kc_silencerco:
    The Specwar K is rated down to a 10" barrel just like the standard Specwar

The Saker K, thanks to the Hoplon baffle, is rated down to 7" barrel.

Both are still full-auto rated
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 10-24-14 at 14:22.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Huh? I think you're referring to the Saker for interchangeable end caps.
    Yeah, I had the Saker and the 556-K Specwar confused - I still don't see why the 7.62 Specwar would have an issue on a 5.56SBR, at least on the end cap diameter, but I suspect at round count the first baffle on ay 7.5" setup is just getting explosively media blasted with every shot (and then it gets hot). I'd still argue that a shorter smaller can and a bit more barrel length are still preferable unless a very specific OAL is being sought.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    That's not what the reps are telling everybody. I've seen both KC and Andrew say something similar to this:

And then for the K versions:
    Wow, I've been telling people wrong. Just edited my comment with the correct information from our customer service team. My apologies!
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    Wow, I've been telling people wrong. Just edited my comment with the correct information from our customer service team. My apologies!
    Just curious. You've posted 7.5"/10.5" each time, and KC/Andrew/etc always say 7"/10". Does the 1/2" make a difference?

And don't be too worried...your CEO released incorrect info in the K Series press release.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast