Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe a long shot, but any Deadheads here...?

Feedback Score

Smile Maybe a long shot, but any Deadheads here...?

Ok, knowing this crowd, this is a long shot but what the heck. If you are a Deadhead, or even just a casual listener of the Grateful Dead, here is some good news.

http://deadline.com/2014/10/grateful...ar-lev-858802/

Next year will mark the 50th anniversary of the beginning of the Dead so Martin Scorsese will be co-producing an authorized bio-pic of the band. Long-time archivist David Lemioux will be supervising the music for the movie. It will reportedly include interviews of the surviving members of the band, backstage footage and of course plenty of music. Should be pretty cool. Even if it isn't, there will be hordes of fans who will go see it I'm sure.

Scorsese is well known of course for some great film-making, and he has done some good music related films as well. I'm not familiar with the director Amir Bar-Lev, but apparently he made a movie about the Pat Tillman coverup.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Followed the Dead during breaks in college and of course on summer tours.

Banged many a hippy chick. Good times, good times. Channel 23 SiriusXM!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^ Sugar Magnolia Down with the jam bands. Had few friends who followed them for years. Interesting folks to say the least. I'd watch the film - bet it would be good.

Feedback Score
    What did the Deadhead say when he ran out of weed?

"This band blows!"
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Can't say I'm a dead head but I dig their music. Seen em a few times before Jerry kicked. I'll enjoy the movie, I'm sure.

Feedback Score

Smile

Question: What do you call a dead head now that Jerry Garcia is dead?

Answer: A homeless person.

I saw them twice- once in the 70's & once the 90's when Garcia was still kicking. They had enormous stage presence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFsbAuX9P4w
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Saw 'em twice live. Once as a spectator, the second time treating the various and sundry overdoses that occur at such a gathering.

The first time was a lot more fun.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I got to see them once, along with Bob Dylan and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. The Heartbreakers were backing up Dylan, who opened the concert. Dylan took a break and the Heartbreakers played, then they took a break and Dylan played solo.

The Dead took the stage for a while, and then Dylan came out and jammed with them for a few songs. I do not remember which ones, except one was "Desolation Row".

All in all, pretty awesome show, and really cool to see those three together.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    yep.. that's taking it back quite a bit..
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Just kidding.

While I never saw the dead, I did see a whole lot of Phish, DMB more times than I can count(only kinda sorta a jam band/depends on the show...definitely my favorite of the bunch though,) Widespread Panic, and a few others in my day.

Love good music of all varieties, particularly that which is better live than recorded.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast