Thread: Knights Armament SBR Engraving

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Knights Armament SBR Engraving

Having a KAC SR-15 SBRed, can anyone suggest an engraver who could possibly match the engraving font / depth that is already on the lower?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmc0929 View Post
    Having a KAC SR-15 SBRed, can anyone suggest an engraver who could possibly match the engraving font / depth that is already on the lower?
    I don't know about matching (mine don't) you can ask them to specify font..... they offer a variety.

But Grey Laser out of Texas did all of my SR15 lowers. The turnaround time is amazing 5-7 days from the time I shipped in PA to arriving back in the mail. You also can leave the buffer tube on, just remove the safety, and trigger group.

He is able to put the engraving on the front of the magwell.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Here's a close-up of the KAC SBR laser engraving off my gun if you need visual reference.

The font is very close to standard Arial (most likely it is). Here's a screen capture to illustrate:

Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 10-26-14 at 23:43.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    When I recently had a lower SBR'd, I contacted the 'big 3' engravers, and attached photos of my lower receiver asking if they could match the factory engraving. One said no, that the BATF requires a specific font (which is totally untrue), but then quoted a price for the work I wanted (clearly that company does not know the definition of "font"). That, plus the fact that their return email contained several misspellings, inspired zero confidence. Another never responded to my email. Bill Gray responded promptly, and said that he could not exactly match the factory engraving but could come close. So I sent the receiver to Gray. Eight days after I put the receiver in the mail, I had it back ... engraved exactly how and where I wanted.

I will never use anyone else.

I suggest that you email photos to Bill Gray at Gray Laser with your requirements and see what he says.