Just saw that TNVC has the presumably finalized version of the DBAL-PL on their website (click here).

I played with an earlier iteration of this at SHOT and was extremely impressed. I usually buy only Surefire, but this light has several features that make it superior to the X400 series IMO.

The battery compartment hinges down so there is no need to dismount the light to change batteries. This is important with a laser device that could lose zero after you take it off. The switching is easy to use and allows instant activation for either vis or IR light/lasers. The lasers are close to the bore line of the pistol.

Downsides are that it won't easily integrate onto a rifle, and their are no other switching options like the Surefire DG (at least yet).

While I don't have a need for an IR laser at the moment, I hope LDI creates a family of lights & lasers based on this design. Using the same body, they could create a light only, and a visible light/laser that would challenge the X300/400 family for best in class.