Thread: 1st build, Dissipator

Feedback Score

1st build, Dissipator

This is the first an only AR-15 I have built. This was made in 2004. I'm a new guy here and I figure I'd share. My first AR was a Colt match HBAR purchased in '94 right before the ban went into effect. I sold it a couple years later. I then bought an RRA EOP HBAR 16" right after the ban was lifted. I like it, except for its HBAR. I wanted a simple, light carbine with the longer sight radius and long hand guard that met my states stupid restrictions.

The upper, lower, BCG and a few more parts that I can not recall were all bought directly from the folks at CMT (Continental Machine & Tool) in New Britain, CT. They had set up a table at a gun show in Springfield, Mass and were offering their products at a fair price.

CMT did (and likely still does) manufacture OEM parts for several AR companies, including one right down the road a piece from their factory.

To date, I have just over 4k rounds through the gun. It is reliable with steel Russian, eastern European and XM193 ammo

Here's the specs as best I can recall

CMT forged upper
    CMT forged A2 upper
    CMT BCG
    Bushmaster 16" light weight Dissipator barrel
    pinned "Izzy" muzzle brake
    Rifle buffer
    Mounting Solutions Gas Buster charge handle
    RRA two-stage trigger
    G-27 grip
    The balance of the small parts were bought from RRA and CMMG

Here's my son shooting it on it's first range day back in '04. We put 600 trouble-free rounds through it that day

here it is with my RRA EOP mid-length HBAR carbine,

Last edited by RussB; 10-25-14 at 16:29.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Since you're over 16" why is your MD pinned? Is that some commie law where you live?

Good looking rifle, by the way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmnielsen View Post
    Since you're over 16" why is your MD pinned? Is that some commie law where you live?

Good looking rifle, by the way.

Yes. And thanks
    Last edited by RussB; 10-25-14 at 14:23.