Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Drop-in Beretta 92 barrels

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Aftermarket Drop-in Beretta 92 barrels

Who makes a better aftermarket drop-in barrel for the Beretta 92 series of guns? BarSto, KKM, other? I'm talking in terms of reliability, durability & accuracy. I like the fact that BarSto will fit the barrel for you if required. I'm trying to build something that's accurate enough for a match, but reliable enough to carry. A poor man's Elite I.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Aren't the Elite barrels just shortened and have a different crown? I've never heard anyone say the 92 needed an improvement in accuracy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The factory barrel is plenty accurate, 92s are known for that. Unless you are shooting bulls-eye, it's a waste to improve on the 92's accuracy.

Feedback Score
    A couple of years back M4Guru did some accuracy testing of different pistols at 25 meters. One of those was an M9. Take a look for yourself. Gives you an idea of what the M9 is capable of doing. Not sure whether you're looking for better than that or not. Here's the link. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...68#post1301968

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Like others said, the Beretta factory barrel is more than accurate enough for most types of target shooting, matches, etc. If you are a serious bullseye shooter who demand 1" group or less at 25 yards and capable skill wise to produce it, then maybe a match barrel by Barsto or KKM is what you need. But if you want to assemble a gun that resemble one of the earlier Elite models, then a stainless barrel wouldn't be a bad thing. I've thought of that myself but really don't want to spend $250 to just get that "look".

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    One of the reasons I've considered a drop-in stainless barrel is my concern about cutting a factory chrome-lined to be flush with the slide. I would like to keep my factory barrel for resale and I have heard rumors about chipping of chrome when cutting a lined barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    One of the reasons I've considered a drop-in stainless barrel is my concern about cutting a factory chrome-lined to be flush with the slide. I would like to keep my factory barrel for resale and I have heard rumors about chipping of chrome when cutting a lined barrel.
    If the cutting is done by someone like Wilson Combat, you won't have an issue. In fact, Wilson offers a slew of Beretta mods, one of which is a nice, flush cut, reverse target crown on a Beretta barrel.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I have a customized 92FS with a hard-fit Jarvis barrel that's stupid accurate. It's always surprised me how accurate M9s can be considering the barrel isn't fitted to the slide. Barrel-to-frame fit and slide to frame fit both have to be good to have top accuracy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The other route to accuracy is the WAL-modified slide and barrel which adds a bushing to support the front of the barrel, a la the 92 Stock and Combat models.
    | 92 - Billennium | Steel-I/96 Stock | WC BrigTac| Elite II | 90-Two G | Inox Brig |
    | 85FS Cheetah | 71 Jaguar | 21a Bobcat | 3032 Tomcat | Model 90 Armi Roma |
    | Sig - 551-A1 ODG | P553 | 522 | P320 FDE |
    | Noveske 10.5" Pistol | AP 12.5" | AP Tungsten SPR | DDM4 V7 in MSP & Elcan |
    | 308 - DSA FAL & Steyr Scout in grey |

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What kind of match, and how accurate do you want it to be? When it comes to accurate stock handguns, I feel like the 92 is one of the best choices.

If yours seem deficient in some way, then I'd start by testing a bunch of different 9mm ammo. If that doesn't reveal a more accurate choice, then it might be time to alter your pistol. As for what to do and who should do the work, check out some of the bullseye forums. They go to great lengths to make the 92 more accurate. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable carrying what they end up with, but it will be more mechanically accurate.

Okie John
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    He wants something par-full. But not too par-full.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast